Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I would like to marry my usc boyfriend but don’t know where to start

I would like to marry my usc boyfriend but don’t know where to start

Old May 14th 2018, 7:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I would like to marry my usc boyfriend but don’t know where to start

Originally Posted by civilservant
I think it was fairly obvious that I was talking about my own case in that post - since, you know, I said 'HOW MUCH IT COST ME'. But thanks for being the sanctimonious prick in Ians absence
A good fella to aspire to be like !

It might be obvious to you but when you read how posters misinterpret posts on these forums, you really should give the drawn out explanation as it flies over their heads, particularly in the early days of immigration immersion.

For example take this post reply: Oh excellent, thank you for replying. So how much did it cost - just the $56 plus shipping etc? Under the MN1 form it was saying it was going to be around $950 because it's a second passport (she does have an American passport).

Last edited by Rete; May 14th 2018 at 8:07 pm.
Old May 15th 2018, 12:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I would like to marry my usc boyfriend but don’t know where to start

The biggest cost for most is lost wages.
Old May 15th 2018, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

PootleK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nwalker75

so so how do I get married in USA do I need any special papers or permission . Also after married and I-130 visa going through are u allowed to visit each other still x
Meet up in Vegas, both with photo id, pay money for license at Clark County Marriage License bureau (downtown Las Vegas) . Step outside and go to one of the wedding chapels 30 yards away, be married 20 minutes later. Easy.
Old May 15th 2018, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Nwalker75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PootleK
Meet up in Vegas, both with photo id, pay money for license at Clark County Marriage License bureau (downtown Las Vegas) . Step outside and go to one of the wedding chapels 30 yards away, be married 20 minutes later. Easy.
haha that’s where we said we will go .
Old May 16th 2018, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PootleK
Originally Posted by Nwalker75

haha that’s where we said we will go .
That doesn't sound at all like the sort of thing that arouses a USCIS officer's concern that someone is doing a Green Card scam, no sirree.

Who in their right mind ever wants to go to Vegas?
Old May 16th 2018, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

PootleK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zzrmark
That doesn't sound at all like the sort of thing that arouses a USCIS officer's concern that someone is doing a Green Card scam, no sirree.

Who in their right mind ever wants to go to Vegas?
Haha that's where DH and I got married, quick, easy, no bs, no drama, no families = perfect wedding imho. Didn't seem to arouse any USCIS officer's concern!