Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I received my RFE today on 11/15

I received my RFE today on 11/15

Old Nov 16th 2003, 12:23 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I received my RFE today on 11/15

Originally posted by sibsie
Sarah, RFE stands for Request For Evidence. BCIS uses RFEs to request more information if something is not clear in a case that you have filed, if there is a document missing or they need updated information.

I've found out heaps from these forums. Stick around and you'll pick loads up.
Sibsie - DId your honey really go off to a cabin in the woods after he porposed ? Your smiley man looks dead confused!
Old Nov 16th 2003, 12:30 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SarahUK
Sibsie - DId your honey really go off to a cabin in the woods after he porposed ? Your smiley man looks dead confused!
He's one of those blokey blokes Sarah.

Long story cut short. I'm a bit of an international gypsy and was moving to Canada. Though it would have got me nearer to him geographically I think he was worried that I'd start a whole new life which long term would have put back our relationship. An hour on the phone later, he'd talked me into marrying him. We'd said from when we first met that we knew we'd get married but eventually!

Like Steve said the actual proposal was as romantic as a kick in the groin and he's promised to do it properly when he comes over at Christmas.

He disappeared to the woods straight after, actually he was driving there when he proposed as he's into manly things in the woods. (Deer season has started)

He'll be back late Monday though.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:16 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
He's one of those blokey blokes Sarah.

Long story cut short. I'm a bit of an international gypsy and was moving to Canada. Though it would have got me nearer to him geographically I think he was worried that I'd start a whole new life which long term would have put back our relationship. An hour on the phone later, he'd talked me into marrying him. We'd said from when we first met that we knew we'd get married but eventually!

Like Steve said the actual proposal was as romantic as a kick in the groin and he's promised to do it properly when he comes over at Christmas.

He disappeared to the woods straight after, actually he was driving there when he proposed as he's into manly things in the woods. (Deer season has started)

He'll be back late Monday though.

Hi Sibs
Jeff my fiance is very much a blokey bloke too although he doesn't like to watch sport HOORAY!!
He DOES like tinkering with cars and riding motorcycles though and the arguements we've had about guns and hunting have lasted days. (I'm very much against gun ownership - he doesn't see what all the fuss is about) I didn't know Deer season had started!Yikes poor deers! They are mad for it where Jeff lives its all riding around on four wheelers and wearing cammo gear, he's not a redneck but definitely a hick from the sticks!

We also began bouncing the idea of marriage around quite early on in our relationship about 7 months after we'd first met and confessed to the other that it was what we both wanted on ICQ which , as you say is about as romantic as a swift kick to the nads. However as impataient as I am I did wait for Jeff to propose to me *properly* which was just under a year later!!

I thought it would be very anti-climatic when he did ask as we'd been chatting about what our wedding would be like for months and both families and friends knew it was what we wanted to do, but when he asked me on 20th October I wasn't expecting it and immediately burst into tears!
It was the most wonderful moment and I'm sure yours will be too, even though our blokes are all american red-blooded men they do have a massive hearts and love us to bits.
YAY! for American men I say! Pale and uninteresting British men pale by comparison (no offence guys)
you MUST tell us about it when he does the deed, I'm sure all that time alone in the cabin will be enough time for him to work out exactly how he wants to do it - its his moment too!
It took Jeff the best part of a year before he knew how he wanted to propose and when he did it even though we'd been talking about it for ages and he knew I loved him to bits and would say yes he went bright red, was so nervous his hands were shaking and he was holding me so tightly he nearly crushed me!
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:23 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I've given up on the hunting argument now Sarah. I've promised not to take him to full contact knitting comps as long as he doesn't expect me to venture into the woods. Hey, I've seen the films. :scared:

I haven't dated an English guy for about 7 years and I really think that American men treat women better. (disclaimer - just my personal experience)
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

On the grand scale this set you back a few weeks and is easily solved. It could be much worse. And errors do happen even with attorney involvement. It will be small two years from now.

Originally posted by tmushen
Guess what it was exactly what I suspected that the BCIS would request which is the G325-A form because my idiot lawyer forgot to send it until the day after he sent the original application.

Thank god I am few steps ahead of this lawyer because it takes 4 days to get signed documents from my wife in Turkey. As soon as saw the RFE online I knew that it was for the G325-A because I am very careful in making sure we had everything which we did except for this form not being sent in which was done by the lawyer.

I tould my wife to send the documents again as soon as possible. I should have the signed forms Monday from my wife which I will overnight to BCIS. The thing that makes me so unhappy is this 2 to 3 week delay will probably make my wife miss the holidays.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lpdiver
On the grand scale this set you back a few weeks and is easily solved. It could be much worse. And errors do happen even with attorney involvement. It will be small two years from now.
Thanks Lp I know your right.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SarahUK YAY! for American men I say! Pale and uninteresting British men pale by comparison (no offence guys)
This is an example of what we call (in my field) the "out of Town Expert" syndrome. Sometimes known as "the Grass is Always Greener in the Other Pasture" condition

I wouldn't trade my excellent English gent for 10 of his American bretheren (and believe me, I 'interviewed' enough of them )

Girls, I will *always* recommend a Royal Navy/Fire Brigade alum...they're totally domesticated & oh, so manly as well!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:21 am
Kath

I will never date a British guy again - in fact, I won't date any man
again! I've found the one I want and... he happens to be American.
He's different from English - more dynamic, more lively and treats me
wonderfully. That hasn't been my experience with the British men I
have dated. (disclaimer echoed!)

I am sure that statistically speaking, there are fantastic British men
out there - I just haven't met one!

Kath

Old Nov 17th 2003, 12:41 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey tushmen!!!

I am sorry to hear about your RFE!, But hey at least you know they pick up your application from the shelf, Good luck and PLEASE keep us updated!!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 12:49 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kath
I will never date a British guy again - in fact, I won't date any man
again! I've found the one I want and... he happens to be American.
He's different from English - more dynamic, more lively and treats me
wonderfully. That hasn't been my experience with the British men I
have dated. (disclaimer echoed!)

I am sure that statistically speaking, there are fantastic British men
out there - I just haven't met one!

Kath
I have never dated a brit.. but I have never dated a Spaniard either lol.
My American Hubby rocks!!!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 4:57 pm
Mrtravel

Kath wrote:

> I will never date a British guy again - in fact, I won't date any man
    > again! I've found the one I want and... he happens to be American.
    > He's different from English - more dynamic, more lively and treats me
    > wonderfully. That hasn't been my experience with the British men I
    > have dated. (disclaimer echoed!)
    >
    > I am sure that statistically speaking, there are fantastic British men
    > out there - I just haven't met one!

My wife and I still date......... each other.

Old Nov 17th 2003, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tmushen
10/21/03: MSC receives reply

How did you know they received your reply. Did it show online or did you have a return receipt.

Also how did you send the requested forms back. (USPS, Fedex, Airborne) Did you send it regular mail or overnight delivery.

I know that Fedex and Airborne do not deliver to PO Box addresses so does the Missouri Service Center have an address where they accept overnight mail from Fedex or Airborne.

Obviously I am trying to save as many days as possible. Thanks.
We received an RFE dated 10/30/03 and we got the documents to them on 11/12/03. But there has been no change in the online status when I check it at the CIS home page.

Is it supposed to show that an RFE has been sent and when the RFE documents have been received?

Michael
Old Nov 17th 2003, 6:09 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default well now ya know

sorry again to hear you got hit, however, in a way you had anticipated it and are on your way to getting what you need.. thankfully as someone said it is q quick turnaround and you should be good to go a couple weeks after..

and to answer another question, from what I have read and from experience I do believe they update once they get the evidence back to the service center.. although it seems some cases dont.. so if say 2 weeks have passed and they havent acknowledged receipt, might wanna give em a call..

always good to sent the mail with a return receipt.. then you always know where you stand..

and one more thing..

I always knew this country wasn't big enough for me
Old Nov 18th 2003, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by glasgowm
We received an RFE dated 10/30/03 and we got the documents to them on 11/12/03. But there has been no change in the online status when I check it at the CIS home page.

Is it supposed to show that an RFE has been sent and when the RFE documents have been received?

Michael
We had to wait 16 days for our online status to change after our return receipt said they had the documents. It did change though. Everything has been taking a little longer than they have said for us but things have always come through eventually so I am confident that we will get our approval any day.

I would give them a call after 2 weeks though, not that they are very helpful but at least then you are doing everything you should.

Good Luck
Clare