Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I received my RFE today on 11/15

I received my RFE today on 11/15

Old Nov 15th 2003, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I received my RFE today on 11/15

Guess what it was exactly what I suspected that the BCIS would request which is the G325-A form because my idiot lawyer forgot to send it until the day after he sent the original application.

Thank god I am few steps ahead of this lawyer because it takes 4 days to get signed documents from my wife in Turkey. As soon as saw the RFE online I knew that it was for the G325-A because I am very careful in making sure we had everything which we did except for this form not being sent in which was done by the lawyer.

I tould my wife to send the documents again as soon as possible. I should have the signed forms Monday from my wife which I will overnight to BCIS. The thing that makes me so unhappy is this 2 to 3 week delay will probably make my wife miss the holidays.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 7:46 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I received my RFE today on 11/15

Originally posted by tmushen
Guess what it was exactly what I suspected that the BCIS would request which is the G325-A form because my idiot lawyer forgot to send it until the day after he sent the original application.

Thank god I am few steps ahead of this lawyer because it takes 4 days to get signed documents from my wife in Turkey. As soon as saw the RFE online I knew that it was for the G325-A because I am very careful in making sure we had everything which we did except for this form not being sent in which was done by the lawyer.

I tould my wife to send the documents again as soon as possible. I should have the signed forms Monday from my wife which I will overnight to BCIS. The thing that makes me so unhappy is this 2 to 3 week delay will probably make my wife miss the holidays.
Glad to hear you will be able to get the new G-325A back to the USCIS quickly. The good news is that they seem to be pretty quick in finishing the case once the additional materials arrive to the USCIS.

I doubt she would have made it to the U.S. for the holidays though, even without the RFE. It's already 11/15, Christmas is only 40 days away, and you still have the NVC and Consulate to get through, so I don't really think you stood much of a chance of getting her here by New Year's Eve (but you never know).

Good luck.

M.U.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 7:58 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Its funny how that works. When we received an RFE we had a good idea of what it was before we actually received confirmation in the mail.

I feel for you with the lawyer part (and this is by no means meant as any disrespect to the lawyers who post here), I seem to be constantly butting heads with my lawyer over this whole process.
With the amount of time they seem to have to work on these cases it annoys me that mine seems to wait for each step before even starting to complete the necessary paperwork.

Hang in there and even if your wife doesnt make it home before xmas, at least she will be home soon and this will all become a distant memory

Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Glad to hear you will be able to get the new G-325A back to the USCIS quickly. The good news is that they seem to be pretty quick in finishing the case once the additional materials arrive to the USCIS.

I doubt she would have made it to the U.S. for the holidays though, even without the RFE. It's already 11/15, Christmas is only 40 days away, and you still have the NVC and Consulate to get through, so I don't really think you stood much of a chance of getting her here by New Year's Eve (but you never know).

Good luck.

M.U.
That's what I was thinking but after speaking with Ankara they have been very helpful and have already sent a copy of what is needed for the interview (Packet 3). We have been to the Embassy a few times together in Turkey and they gave me the impression that the interview would be setup quickly if we had all the documents in order.

They even went a step further and contacted the NVC to see if our case was approved. I never asked for that kind of help but like I said I think because they saw us together and that we were truly upset at being apart they really wanted to help us.

An example of this and what I would say an example of the kind people in Turkey was they were truly helpful in getting us married. It says that you should plan for at least 1 week stay in Ankara to get married because there are about 7 steps in the process to get married and a lot of it is paperwork. So if the prior step is not completed than you can't get the blood tests, you cant the marriage license, you can't get in front of the judge and so on. The Turkish people and many them guided us step by step which resulted us completing our marriage in one day. Don't get me wrong we started at 8AM and didn't lose a second and we were finally were married at 5PM.

The point is I still have hope for her in be here for Christmas but these few weeks lost are not helping.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by CharlieS
Its funny how that works. When we received an RFE we had a good idea of what it was before we actually received confirmation in the mail.

I feel for you with the lawyer part (and this is by no means meant as any disrespect to the lawyers who post here), I seem to be constantly butting heads with my lawyer over this whole process.
With the amount of time they seem to have to work on these cases it annoys me that mine seems to wait for each step before even starting to complete the necessary paperwork.

Hang in there and even if your wife doesnt make it home before xmas, at least she will be home soon and this will all become a distant memory
Thanks Charlie. I agree I know from the US Embassy in Ankara that my wife will need the DS-156 form, DS-230 form and I134 form which I filled out online today and I sent them to my lawyer. He responds that he will review them later this week so I respond we are at the point where I am doing your work because I don't want any more mistakes so could you at least review the forms and confirm they are correct.

I am still going to pay him because I don't want to make an obvious mistake that a lawyer wouldn't make but I am not going to sit and wait until the last second to get things completed. In addition from now on I will send everything out. Me and my wife have every single item that is needed for the interview except these completed forms.

Thus as soon as my lawyer reviews them I will send them to my wife because I rather she have them before hand so we don't lose 2, 3 or 4 days sending documents back and forth.

If it wasn't so close to the holidays I would be more patient but right now everyday counts. Yes I will be with my wife everyday the rest of my life but when we started the process there was never a thought that she wouldn't be here by Christmas.

Any way thanks for the kind words they are appreciated.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:20 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Tmushen, did you receive the RFE yourself or did only your lawyer get it?
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Tmushen, did you receive the RFE yourself or did only your lawyer get it?
I received it myself today on Saturday. I don't know if the lawyer gets a copy as well. I will find out on Monday. When I called the BCIS 800 number they made it seem like both myself and the lawyer would get a copy.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I received it myself today on Saturday. I don't know if the lawyer gets a copy as well. I will find out on Monday. When I called the BCIS 800 number they made it seem like both myself and the lawyer would get a copy.
10/21/03: MSC receives reply

How did you know they received your reply. Did it show online or did you have a return receipt.

Also how did you send the requested forms back. (USPS, Fedex, Airborne) Did you send it regular mail or overnight delivery.

I know that Fedex and Airborne do not deliver to PO Box addresses so does the Missouri Service Center have an address where they accept overnight mail from Fedex or Airborne.

Obviously I am trying to save as many days as possible. Thanks.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

[i]Originally posted by tmushen
I know that Fedex and Airborne do not deliver to PO Box addresses so does the Missouri Service Center have an address where they accept overnight mail from Fedex or Airborne.
Are you sure? I managed to send from the UK the I129F that we filed to chicago via FedEx to a PO BOX, it was addressed to:

USINS,
P.O. Box 7218,
Chicago,
IL 60680-7218
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:43 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

10/21/03: MSC receives reply

How did you know they received your reply. Did it show online or did you have a return receipt.

Also how did you send the requested forms back. (USPS, Fedex, Airborne) Did you send it regular mail or overnight delivery.

Obviously I am trying to save as many days as possible. Thanks.
When MSC receives your reply, it will be revealed in your online status. Be aware though that they don't necessarily post the change the same day they receive i. Like they received my reply on a Friday, but they didn't say they received it until the following Tuesday, so don't get worried about that. Also, I sent mine via USPS priority mail. Don' fret about it. You already got a head start on them.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 9:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tmushen The Turkish people and many them guided us step by step which resulted us completing our marriage in one day. Don't get me wrong we started at 8AM and didn't lose a second and we were finally were married at 5PM.
Just curious...if you were in Turkey, why didn't you file for an IV at that time (DCF)?
Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by meauxna
Just curious...if you were in Turkey, why didn't you file for an IV at that time (DCF)?
I didn't know that was an option at that time because I hadn't paid the lawyer so my assumption is he didn't know either or maybe he thought that I wouldn't use him if I went that route. Any way if I had to do it all over again I would have stayed in Turkey for as long as I had to in order to process the DCF.

Poor advice and/or judgment by a person that is supposed to know more than me. I only found this chat room after going through the process for 2 months otherwise I would have choosen a better lawyer and I would have done a DCF.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 11:01 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Please could you tell me what an RFE is??
I've just started on the long and lonely K-1 road so I'm not too familiar with all the jargon just yet. I don't know what an RFE is but it sounds like bad news.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 11:12 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SarahUK
I've just started on the long and lonely K-1 road so I'm not too familiar with all the jargon just yet. I don't know what an RFE is but it sounds like bad news.
Sarah, RFE stands for Request For Evidence. BCIS uses RFEs to request more information if something is not clear in a case that you have filed, if there is a document missing or they need updated information.

I've found out heaps from these forums. Stick around and you'll pick loads up.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by SarahUK
RFE is request for further evidence. This happens when the immigration officer wants clarification on something or something is missing. In my case I knew what my RFE would be for as soon as it showed online and that was for a form that my lawyer sent in late. It obviously got lost in the shuffle so I have resumbit the same form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.