Wikiposts

I need some advice....

Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

BettieBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need some advice....

Hello,
I'm a US citizen and my fiance is in the UK. We want to get married but we don't want to wait for the whole K-1 visa process. I was trying to find info on what to do if we were to get married on one of his visits over here. I was reading something about the K-3 visa to bring a spouse over. We can't bear to be apart any longer than we have to...... does anyone know about the K-3 visa?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need some advice....

The UK does not allow DCF for non residents. So you must consider how long it will take you to meek UK marriage requirements along with where/what service center the U.S. citizen will utilize in order to make an educated guess as to time frame.

In my case it was real close and I won't truly know which one was faster until it is all over.

Get ready for a wait though.

Originally posted by BettieBlue
Hello,
I'm a US citizen and my fiance is in the UK. We want to get married but we don't want to wait for the whole K-1 visa process. I was trying to find info on what to do if we were to get married on one of his visits over here. I was reading something about the K-3 visa to bring a spouse over. We can't bear to be apart any longer than we have to...... does anyone know about the K-3 visa?
Old Dec 19th 2003, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

The K-3 can sometimes take as long or longer to process than the K-1, so you're going to have to be prepared to wait either way. Like Mark said, research all of your options and choose what will work out best for the both of you. Me and my fiance decided to go the K-1 route just to get the process started, instead of waiting to get married and then starting the process.
Read the FAQ's on this site, very useful.

Good Luck,
Angela
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Hello,

It looks like you're in Texas. I would go through and check out people's signatures to get a general idea about processing times. There are also some good timeline sites to look at:

http://www.k1k3.com/list.php
http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php

This will give a realistic idea of how long it is taking people to get through the process now. Just weigh your options and consider how soon you would be able to put together a K1 petition verses how long it would take to get married and then put together a K3 petition. Then add that on to the general processing times you see on the timelines. That will at least give you a somewhat realistic idea of how long the process might take you. Just remember there are always variables that could change the actual processing time.

Hope this helped at least a little bit.
Best of luck no matter what you choose to do.

MarDae
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

They both take forever and a day. If you're in Texas K3 is probably fasther though.

Leslie
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Leslie66
... K3 is probably fasther though.
Fasther - is that Moroccan Leslie??

<ducks as a slap is delivered>
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:18 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Karen D

Leslie,

Have you been hiding a lisp all this time?

Juliet
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jcapulet
What, our LesthlieThixtyThix???
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:23 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

*SLAP*
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:23 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

What, our LesthlieThixtyThix???
Yesth, our thilly Lesthlie! I am ducking too, she might *STHLAP* me!!!!!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:24 am
WTF?

Leslie,

Juliet
*SLAP*
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:25 am
jingling

Originally posted by Leslie66
*SLAP*
Leslie!! Don't you mean:

*STHLAP*

Come one now, consistency is everything woman!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:25 am
WTF?

<inthert hijacking sthmilie>
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Did you realithe you sthpat on that lathst STHLAP Juliet?!!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 4:06 am
jingling

Did you realithe you sthpat on that lathst STHLAP Juliet?!!
I did what on the last sthlap?? Sorry I'm not as fluent in LISP as Leslie...what is "sthpat"? LOL!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.