Reload this Page >

i need help im trying see how i move to usa

i need help im trying see how i move to usa

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 3:33 am
Just Joined

qprfc13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i need help im trying see how i move to usa

hi everyone
ok hope someone can help me im in northern ireland an i meet a usc coming up to a year ago now
i've been over on 90 day visa and we have falling in love shes most beautiful girl i ever met
my problem is i have no skills for the work visa i only worked in unskilled labour and yes no degree's
i really need to be with her its so hard being apart
i know theres the k1 visa but i get so lost trying to understand the 125%
i got some savings but nowhere near the 125%
if i remember right she gets about $20k she told me once but i didt want her thinking i was only after her money so i never ask again
i really hope someone can help
i look forward to hearing from you's
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 3:58 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i need help im trying see how i move to usa

Were you born in Northern Ireland? You could apply for the 'visa lottery' as Northern Ireland-born people (but not folks from England, Wales or Scotland) are allowed to apply for this type of visa. You might also qualify if your parents were born in Northern Ireland.

There is also the option of applying to study in the USA for a university degree, but that would require considerable financial resources.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The 125% of the poverty level (currently $18,388 for two people) is the minimum annual income requirement for someone that sponsors a fiance or other person who is immigrating to the US. If she or you have children, the required annual income of the sponsor will be more.

http://liheap.ncat.org/profiles/pove...1/popstate.htm

This amount is not given to you but instead just indicates to the government that the immigrant will likely not become a burden on the state since the sponsor has enough income to support herself and you in case you have a difficult time finding a job.

So you are not after her money but it is just the requirement to sponsor someone. Almost everybody does it unless a person can self sponsor which requires a much larger amount of liquid assets. So that you will not be a burden on her, hopefully you will have enough money to tied you over until you find a job.

Besides that income requirement of the sponsor, the K-1 visa will cost about $2,000 if you file the paperwork yourself (much more if a lawyer is used).

Read the threads in the Marriage Based Visas section for more information about K-1 visas.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Last edited by Michael; Aug 22nd 2011 at 4:52 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qprfc13
i know theres the k1 visa but i get so lost trying to understand the 125%
i got some savings but nowhere near the 125%
if i remember right she gets about $20k she told me once but i didt want her thinking i was only after her money so i never ask again
Don't worry, YOUR income or savings is never going to be an issue for immigration. It's all up to the USC to show she has the income and/or savings to sponsor you.

She should go to www.uscis.gov, Forms, and look at the I-134, I-864, and I-864P pages. The I-134 is the affidavit of support for the K-1 visa, and the I-864 is the affidavit of support for your adjustment of status after marriage. The I-864P shows the level of income needed.

If she is OK with sponsoring you financially, then you can move forward with the K-1 visa. More information on that is in the US Marriage Based visa forum.

Rene
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Were you born in Northern Ireland? You could apply for the 'visa lottery' as Northern Ireland-born people (but not folks from England, Wales or Scotland) are allowed to apply for this type of visa. You might also qualify if your parents were born in Northern Ireland.

There is also the option of applying to study in the USA for a university degree, but that would require considerable financial resources.
thank you all
yes i was born here i'll put in for dvl-2013
i got some savings but nowhere near what it would take to do university degree
will it b easier if i have irish or british passport when applying for k1?? i live in northern ireland but i have both passports
if she has income of 20k shes ok for the 125%? or how much savings would i need ??
again thank you all for the help
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Not relevant.
will it b easier if i have irish or british passport when applying for k1?? i live in northern ireland but i have both passports
It might be important to recognize why there if a financial requirement for immigration. It's not so much to put up a hurdle to immigration as to make sure that an immigrant can reasonably survive in the USA without public assistance. (It's not fun to live in poverty in the USA.)

That being said, and without knowing the details of your fiancee's financial situation, an income of $20,000 for a family of 2 will satisfy the immigration requirement, but once you're here in the USA will it keep the two of you alive and well? That's a question that the two of you need to answer for yourselves.
if she has income of 20k shes ok for the 125%? or how much savings would i need ??
Regards, JEff
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

will it b easier if i have irish or british passport when applying for k1??
No, it makes no difference.

if she has income of 20k shes ok for the 125%?
If the household size is only the two of you, it's enough income to meet the I-134 and I-864 requirements, yes.

or how much savings would i need ??
Zero.

Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No, it makes no difference.

If the household size is only the two of you, it's enough income to meet the I-134 and I-864 requirements, yes.

Zero.

Rene
thank you Noorah101 btw i see ur in phoenix thats were am going to relocate well trying to
i'll be in phoenix from Oct till Jan can you tell me if theres a big expats community there or someone
that i can go see to trying find more bout working an living in AZ
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:19 am

i'll be in phoenix from Oct till Jan can you tell me if theres a big expats community there...
There are several British expats here in Phoenix on this forum.

or someone that i can go see to trying find more bout working an living in AZ
If you need professional advice about immigrating to the USA, you should have a consultation with an immigration attorney.

Rene