Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I messed up with a DUI in the US

I messed up with a DUI in the US

Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

GaryTram1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I messed up with a DUI in the US

I deserve any and all negative feedback but I'm hoping someone may want to help me.

I made a stupid error of judgement and drove drunk in New Hampshire one time and was sentenced to a mandatory 3 days in the HOC and 7 Day Rehab and of course lost my US licence.

I'm moving back to the UK and first of all wondering if this counts as a black mark on my UK licence.
Secondly, will this show up on a CRB check or employment background check.

Yes, I know I was a moron and I've seriously learned a valuable lesson.

Thank you in advance.
Gary
Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:10 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I messed up with a DUI in the US

I wouldn't give a thought personally, you never know but I wouldn't let it keep you up nights. I know a guy who was done drivng without inurance in the US while on holiday. He got a date to attend a court hearng but flew back to the UK - where it never affected him in anyway - and he has since been back to the US a number of times on holdiay with no probs at this end.

This is just one example of course. I am sure there are others who will have more detailed info.

Can't be bothered slagging you off for driving drunk. I aint your mam. that said you will peolly get plenty lol. Glad you learned a lesson without killing somebody though so take heed young man!!! Good luck
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:19 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

"I'm moving back to the UK and first of all wondering if this counts as a black mark on my UK licence."

AWNSER = NO

"Secondly, will this show up on a CRB check or employment background check."

DON'T SEE HOW I COULD UNLESS THEY HAVE ACCESS TO US POLICE / TRANSPORT COMPUTER SYSTEMS WHICH I VERY MUCH DOUBT
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:31 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

Well the issue is that you will be asked by the insurance company if you have had any convictions other than parking offences.

You can either lie or tell the truth.

As the punishments for drink driving are more on the basis of deterrence rather than retribution and so do more to protect my children than hurt you then lying increases the risk to us honest road users.

The cost of insurance - the cost of risk is amortised across all policies and the differential for your conviction - and hence risk will be borne by us if you lie.

I hope no-one supports a view that you should lie. I hope that you have an ethical stance.