Reload this Page >

I mailed the department of state

Wikiposts

I mailed the department of state

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I mailed the department of state

I mailed them for CORRECT answers.. Hopefully I'll get them, here is a copy of what I sent..

Hello,

I have contacted The BCIS regarding the following questions and can't get consistent answers. I'm praying that you can help me with accurate information.

I am a US born citizen, married to a Nigerian National. We have submitted applications for both the I 130 which is still pending, and the K/3 visa.

My husband has his interview on May 25th in Lagos, Nigeria for his K/3 visa. My questions are surrounding the Affidavit of Support form I 134.

The consulate in Lagos, has asked that my husband bring with him the completed I 134 form AND my last 3 tax returns.

He will be submitting my 2001, 2002 and 2003 federal tax TRANSCRIPTS that I have obtained from the IRS.

In the year 2001, I was still married to my PREVIOUS husband and all of the income on the 2001 transcript was earned by him alone, although we filed a joint return. I personally, did not earn any of the income for that year as I was a stay at home parent.

Question #1

Is it required that we met the 125% poverty guideline or above for EACH year or only the current year of 2003?

Question # 2

Will the fact that the income on my 2001 return was NOT earned by ME play a factor in me meeting the required income guidelines?

Question #3

If the answer to #2 Is yes, then what are my options in meeting the requirements for three years? I was a stay at home mom for 2001 and for 12 years prior to 2001.

Question #4
Would it help or will it be necessary for me to find a co-sponsor and submit THEIR information with the I 134.
(I was told this was only necessary if you didn't meet the requirements for the I 130)

Question # 5
I will be using my child support and spousal maintaince payments to help me meet the financial requirements for years 2002, 2003. Since those are not reported on my federal return what documentation will I be required to submit to satisfy the consulate?

To summerize, I personally did not earn a income in the 1st of the three years the consulate is asking for. I will need to use my child support and maintaince for the other 2 years and I'm not sure how to document that income to satisfy the consulate. Finally, do I need, or can I have a co-sponsor at this stage of his processing?

Thank you inadvance for you help.

Ruthann XXXX
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

desertguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I mailed the department of state

I will be suprised if the State Department answers any questions.
Originally posted by ruthann1212
I mailed them for CORRECT answers.. Hopefully I'll get them, here is a copy of what I sent..

Hello,

I have contacted The BCIS regarding the following questions and can't get consistent answers. I'm praying that you can help me with accurate information.

I am a US born citizen, married to a Nigerian National. We have submitted applications for both the I 130 which is still pending, and the K/3 visa.

My husband has his interview on May 25th in Lagos, Nigeria for his K/3 visa. My questions are surrounding the Affidavit of Support form I 134.

The consulate in Lagos, has asked that my husband bring with him the completed I 134 form AND my last 3 tax returns.

He will be submitting my 2001, 2002 and 2003 federal tax TRANSCRIPTS that I have obtained from the IRS.

In the year 2001, I was still married to my PREVIOUS husband and all of the income on the 2001 transcript was earned by him alone, although we filed a joint return. I personally, did not earn any of the income for that year as I was a stay at home parent.

Question #1

Is it required that we met the 125% poverty guideline or above for EACH year or only the current year of 2003?

Question # 2

Will the fact that the income on my 2001 return was NOT earned by ME play a factor in me meeting the required income guidelines?

Question #3

If the answer to #2 Is yes, then what are my options in meeting the requirements for three years? I was a stay at home mom for 2001 and for 12 years prior to 2001.

Question #4
Would it help or will it be necessary for me to find a co-sponsor and submit THEIR information with the I 134.
(I was told this was only necessary if you didn't meet the requirements for the I 130)

Question # 5
I will be using my child support and spousal maintaince payments to help me meet the financial requirements for years 2002, 2003. Since those are not reported on my federal return what documentation will I be required to submit to satisfy the consulate?

To summerize, I personally did not earn a income in the 1st of the three years the consulate is asking for. I will need to use my child support and maintaince for the other 2 years and I'm not sure how to document that income to satisfy the consulate. Finally, do I need, or can I have a co-sponsor at this stage of his processing?

Thank you inadvance for you help.

Ruthann XXXX