Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I made it to the USA now to start my AOS!

I made it to the USA now to start my AOS!

Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of
Default I made it to the USA now to start my AOS!

Hey guys!

I made it to the USA and heve been here a month now.

I had planned a 5 hour lay over in Newark just in case there were any delays with the 'interview'. I was shocked to find out that after handing in my papers, the immigration man calmly looked at me and said 'you are free to enter'. That was it, no questions, nothing!

So, we are now married and I am starting on the AOS forms.

Any links, previous threads that you can point me towards for some help would be great!

Thanks
x
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice
Default Re: I made it to the USA now to start my AOS!

I referred to the wiki entry on AOS from a K1 on here when I did mine...was good to use for a checklist of forms and the accompanying documents then headed over to the USCIS website to print off the right forms...its a lot of paperwork but make lists and check off as you go...good luck!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Start with the BE Wiki Guide to AOS from K-1: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Adjust...-3_Spouse_Visa

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

NashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud ofNashvilleBrit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations!

Start with the BE Wiki Guide to AOS from K-1: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Adjust...-3_Spouse_Visa

Rene
Thanks for the link, I have this printed out ready to go!

With regard to the A#, where can I locate this?
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wheretostart
Thanks for the link, I have this printed out ready to go!

With regard to the A#, where can I locate this?
It might be on your K-1 visa. It also might be on one of the NOA's the USC received. It might be on any of the correspondence from NVC.

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

It might be on your K-1 visa. It also might be on one of the NOA's the USC received. It might be on any of the correspondence from NVC.

Rene
I think I am having a VERY dumb moment, but is the A# the same as the case number?

My visa has a control #, Passport #, and the two lines of data at the bottom.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:31 pm

I think I am having a VERY dumb moment, but is the A# the same as the case number?

My visa has a control #, Passport #, and the two lines of data at the bottom.
No, the case number is not the same as an A#.

You're looking for a number prefixed by A- or something called an Alien Registration Number. If you can't find that anywhere, it's OK. Just draw a dashed line through any place that asks for an A-number on the forms.

My fiance's A-number was on his K-1 visa. But that was issued in Turkey in 2004.

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

No, the case number is not the same as an A#.

You're looking for a number prefixed by A- or something called an Alien Registration Number. If you can't find that anywhere, it's OK. Just draw a dashed line through any place that asks for an A-number on the forms.

My fiance's A-number was on his K-1 visa. But that was issued in Turkey in 2004.

Rene
Thanks, but as far as I can see, It is not on my docs! I have looked at everything they issued me, but can't seem to locate it. Thanks Rene for the confirmation of what to do in this case.

I have another question regarding the i-693. I had my medical done in London, so does this mean that I dont submit this form? or do I submit the i-693 along with the copy of my london medical and subsequent vaccination?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:05 pm

I have another question regarding the i-693. I had my medical done in London, so does this mean that I dont submit this form? or do I submit the i-693 along with the copy of my london medical and subsequent vaccination?
Read through this link from the "Read Me" stickies and see if it answers your questions: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656838

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your arrival and marriage - feel free to share a pic or two

If your medical is less than 12 months old at the time your application for AOS is received then you don't need a further medical. You will just need to complete the top part of the I-693, if I remember parts 2 & 5 (or was than 6), are completed by the civil surgeon who gives you whatever other vaccinations you might need and/or transcribes your vaccination record. If you read the instructions for the I-693 it's pretty clear.

LOL I know it all feels like just squillions more paper, but take your time to read the instructions for each form - they aren't all that complicated when the info finally starts to sink in!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Congrats on your arrival and marriage - feel free to share a pic or two

If your medical is less than 12 months old at the time your application for AOS is received then you don't need a further medical. You will just need to complete the top part of the I-693, if I remember parts 2 & 5 (or was than 6), are completed by the civil surgeon who gives you whatever other vaccinations you might need and/or transcribes your vaccination record. If you read the instructions for the I-693 it's pretty clear.

LOL I know it all feels like just squillions more paper, but take your time to read the instructions for each form - they aren't all that complicated when the info finally starts to sink in!
Thank you so much. I dont know what I would do without you guys here on the forum! Reading your post actually just lifted a whole weight off my shoulders!

x
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

jimandtina2008 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, but as far as I can see, It is not on my docs! I have looked at everything they issued me, but can't seem to locate it. Thanks Rene for the confirmation of what to do in this case.

Thanks in advance.
I jusy had my AOS appointment in October (my medical was May this year). I sent nothing in as far as the I-693 was concerned, it stated on the instructions that it was unnecessary if the medical was within 12 months prior to arrival. I just took all the knoghtsbridge stuff with me to the interview......AOS never said information was missing from our submission and the interviewer never even mentioned it.

The interview was over in about 10 minutes......got my green card within two weeks.
Good luck, Tina
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jimandtina2008
I jusy had my AOS appointment in October (my medical was May this year). I sent nothing in as far as the I-693 was concerned, it stated on the instructions that it was unnecessary if the medical was within 12 months prior to arrival. I just took all the knoghtsbridge stuff with me to the interview......AOS never said information was missing from our submission and the interviewer never even mentioned it.

The interview was over in about 10 minutes......got my green card within two weeks.
Good luck, Tina
Wow, you make it sound so easy, (I am sure I am making more of it as I am just starting to look into it now).

Congratlations on getting your green card!
x
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by jimandtina2008
Others have reported getting an RFE for missing medical information. Could go either way, it seems.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:09 pm
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light

Mine is printed on my K1 Visa next to my photo. It is under the heading "annotation" and is in the format Axxxxxxxxx (where each x is a number). It's also hand written on the back of my I-94 - worth checking there too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.