Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I know you guys get a lot of questions ...

Wikiposts

I know you guys get a lot of questions ...

Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:47 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know you guys get a lot of questions ...

If you do decide to get married in the UK your fiancee will definately need a visa to marry there which requires her to get a biometric eye and fingerprint scan as well. My now husband and I had checked into it (He is from Scotland as well) .We went the K1 route and are currently in the AOS process. We had our engagement party in Scotland and our wedding here in the states. If we had to do it again I think we would have gone the CR-1 route so he could have started work right away. Even though he entered through JFK and had a work stamp alot of people that he interviewed with liked him but didn't want to hire someone temporaraily and said to call back once his 1 Year EAD comes through which we hope will be soon!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaenei
Does your husband own a major corporation? TWO dresses? THINK of the bill ...

"I mean, absolutely sweets. Whatever you want, yeah ... I'll work four jobs ..."
Spoken like a true Aberdonian
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:10 pm
Gentlemen, the Queen!

Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland ...
Kaenei is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norri
Spoken like a true Aberdonian

The Northern Lights of Old Aberdeen are home, sweet home, to me! ...
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you could run to a Fife wedding http://weddingvenue.balgoniecastle.co.uk/index.php
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm..what was the nickname for Aberdonians I learned while studying in Glasgow?? Ah, now I remember: sheep shaggers! Just kidding!

As an American lass who married a Scot myself, I can fully understand her need to marry in a castle - I was very partial to it myself. Logistically, though, it just didn't make sense, and financially it would have cost a pretty penny. We may still renew our vows or something like that, in a Scottish castle one day.

IMHO, which visa to pursue depends on how quickly you two want to start your life together. If you are willing to wait awhile, to take the time to plan a large wedding, then the CR1 is the way to go. If you want to be together, like NOW!, then a K1 would be the better option (despite the Adjustment of Status process) and you can have a simpler wedding (btw, we still planned a nice wedding at a chapel in Gatlinburg ) with a more elaborate one later. It's all up to what you, errr...she, wants.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you can persuade her to marry at Dallas Castle. Sounds grand!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas,_Moray
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by notacrime
Maybe you can persuade her to marry at Dallas Castle. Sounds grand!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas,_Moray
This looks like it could fit in with an Aberdonian budget
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:34 am
Gentlemen, the Queen!

Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland ...
Kaenei is an unknown quantity at this point

If it costs -me- anything, it's no Aberdonian budget!