Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I have a prob please advise

Wikiposts

I have a prob please advise

Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I have a prob please advise

Originally posted by dudleydowg
Everyone, thank you for taking time out to reply to my predicament, I have emailed the Embassy asking for another appointment if possible and I am also prepared to cancel our vacation with my wifes blessing, although slightly upset at not seeing her family over the holiday period, I honestly did not know about the travelling while visa pending, but we only applied at the beginning of Nov and never expected this so soon.
But anyway, thanks again and hopefully there will be no problems.

Happy Holidays
Gavin
Hi there Gavin

Let us know how you get on and what decision you make. I would love to hear what the Embassy says.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:14 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

I visited the States whilst my I-129F petition was doing the rounds.
I was here for the full 90 days, under the VWP, went back to the UK for 5 days, then re-entered the US with my packet 3 in my possession for another 90 days.
There were no repercussions. I was never even threatened with a denial of entry.

Best of luck, no matter what you end up doing.

Take care

Tam
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:57 am
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Hi there Gavin

Let us know how you get on and what decision you make. I would love to hear what the Embassy says.

Hi

Just a note to say that I emailed the embassy last night (Sunday) and I have just arrived home to get my email and they have changed my appointment to the 29th Jan.
I must say that i'm impressed with the efficiency, so I guess it pays to email.

Best wishes and happy holidays

Gavin and Wendi
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just a note to say that I emailed the embassy last night (Sunday) and I have just arrived home to get my email and they have changed my appointment to the 29th Jan.

Gavin and Wendi
Hi:

I'm not surprised that the interview was kicked over from the beginning of January to the end.

BTW, the consulate Immigrant Visa Sections actually set their interviews for the following calendar month based upon the "documentarialy qualified" cases they have in place. The way the system works, Department of State [Consular Sections & NVC] know what cases are ready by the 5th of the month. The reports are in the Consulates by the 11th and thats when they make up the interview schedules.

For those of you who compute timelines, you might want to keep this in mind. Lets say that the NVC/consulate knows you are ready to go on the 4th day of the month -- you will be propably interviewed the next month. But lets say, the consulate finds out on the 6th day of the month -- you will be propably interviewed the month after next. A two day difference in reaching the consulate can cause a 4-7 week delay in interview. And that assumes you remain "documentarily qualified" during the interim [clearances can expire].
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:10 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

...they have changed my appointment to the 29th Jan.
That's great Gavin!!!
They're definitely human at that particular Embassy!! LOL

Best wishes and good luck for your interview!

Take care

Tam
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

UKLiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Gavin and Wendi
Hi Gavin & Wendi

Really pleased for you - I would have been really surprised if they had refused to reschedule your appointment.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and best of luck for 29th Jan!!

Liz.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:52 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I'm not surprised that the interview was kicked over from the beginning of January to the end.

BTW, the consulate Immigrant Visa Sections actually set their interviews for the following calendar month based upon the "documentarialy qualified" cases they have in place. The way the system works, Department of State [Consular Sections & NVC] know what cases are ready by the 5th of the month. The reports are in the Consulates by the 11th and thats when they make up the interview schedules.

For those of you who compute timelines, you might want to keep this in mind. Lets say that the NVC/consulate knows you are ready to go on the 4th day of the month -- you will be propably interviewed the next month. But lets say, the consulate finds out on the 6th day of the month -- you will be propably interviewed the month after next. A two day difference in reaching the consulate can cause a 4-7 week delay in interview. And that assumes you remain "documentarily qualified" during the interim [clearances can expire].

Hi Folinsky,
I'm wondering if you could clarify some things in this response as Mr. P. and I are currently waiting on London to send out the "packet three" forms. By "documentarily qualified" do you mean that the visa applicant has already submitted their forms in order to schedule the interview? Or does this simply mean that the consulate has the approved petition in hand?

You say "the reports are in the consulates by the 11th"---does this mean that the reports come from NVC, as in some sort of list of recently approved and forwarded petitions? The procedure for scheduling interviews is not something I've ever seen explained in detail here, so my head is reeling a little bit. Really wish the mailman had delivered the goods this morning. I'm becoming more impatient and disheartened the closer we get and I wish I wasn't feeling that way.

Thanks in advance for any clarification you might want to give.

~SG
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi Folinsky,
I'm wondering if you could clarify some things in this response as Mr. P. and I are currently waiting on London to send out the "packet three" forms. By "documentarily qualified" do you mean that the visa applicant has already submitted their forms in order to schedule the interview? Or does this simply mean that the consulate has the approved petition in hand?

You say "the reports are in the consulates by the 11th"---does this mean that the reports come from NVC, as in some sort of list of recently approved and forwarded petitions? The procedure for scheduling interviews is not something I've ever seen explained in detail here, so my head is reeling a little bit. Really wish the mailman had delivered the goods this morning. I'm becoming more impatient and disheartened the closer we get and I wish I wasn't feeling that way.

Thanks in advance for any clarification you might want to give.

~SG
Hi:

What I describe is the long standing procedure for the IMMIGRANT VISA process. I know that K's are NON-immigrant visas, but they are handled by the immigrant visa unit in the consulate. "Documentarily qualified" means that everything that the consulate needs is in place and the visa applicant has told them they have everything they need to bring. The only remaining thing is the interview.

Crank in the fact that the Visa Office allocates immigrant visa "numbers" for all immigrant visas. This is done for managing the numerically limited quotas. Although there is no limitation on "immediate relative" visa issuance, there IS a cap after which every immediate relative visa issued [or adjustment reported by CIS] reduces the amount of available numerically limited visas.

Every immigrant visa unit on the planet is to advise the NVC of who they have is documentarily qualified by the fifth of the month, NVC knows who they have under current procedures, and CIS has been reporting compelted AOS's all along.

Once the Visa Office gets all the figures, they engage in voodoo magic to come with the allocations for the entire world and report that to the overseas consulates on the 11th day of the month. A side effect of this is the generation of the monthly "Visa Bulletin" for all of us to see [and which you "immediate relative" people don't give a damn about].

Most of this stuff is internal, user transparent, and I don't understand it.

I don't understand Windows either, but it seems to work more often than not.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:12 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your (very quick!) reply. I *think* I should feel better based on what you've said........(scratching head, but hopeful......)

~SecretGarden