Reload this Page >

I have a prob please advise

Wikiposts

I have a prob please advise

Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:49 am
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a prob please advise

I just came home from work to find the London Embassy app and the medical app, these are appointments for Jan 7th, the problem is that between 1st Jan and 12th Jan we will be on vacation in Arizona, the letter states that another appointment can only be made under exceptional circumstances, is this a good enough excuse? I just didn't reckon on the application process being so quick and we booked the flights months ago and only filed last month, any advice would be great.

Thanks
Gavin
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a prob please advise

Gavin,

My advice is to ask the consular section in London. My answer to the question doesn't count. Theirs does.

Regards, EJff

Originally posted by dudleydowg
I just came home from work to find the London Embassy app and the medical app, these are appointments for Jan 7th, the problem is that between 1st Jan and 12th Jan we will be on vacation in Arizona, the letter states that another appointment can only be made under exceptional circumstances, is this a good enough excuse? I just didn't reckon on the application process being so quick and we booked the flights months ago and only filed last month, any advice would be great.

Thanks
Gavin
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

UKLiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Gavin

Hi Gavin

I would suggest that you send an e-mail explaining your situation to the London Embassy. I also could not attend the first appointment that I was given and they gave me an alternative appointment without any problems.

Liz
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks
Gavin

Forgot to mention that my reason for changing the appointment could not have been described as "exceptional circumstances". I was honest about my reasons for requesting a change and they simply obliged.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:25 am

Which one is more important?
Pick one.

"dudleydowg" <member16946@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I just came home from work to find the London Embassy app and the
    > medical app, these are appointments for Jan 7th, the problem is that
    > between 1st Jan and 12th Jan we will be on vacation in Arizona, the
    > letter states that another appointment can only be made under
    > exceptional circumstances, is this a good enough excuse? I just didn't
    > reckon on the application process being so quick and we booked the
    > flights months ago and only filed last month, any advice would be great.
    > Thanks
    > Gavin
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by .
Which one is more important?
Pick one.

"dudleydowg" <member16946@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I just came home from work to find the London Embassy app and the
    > medical app, these are appointments for Jan 7th, the problem is that
    > between 1st Jan and 12th Jan we will be on vacation in Arizona, the
    > letter states that another appointment can only be made under
    > exceptional circumstances, is this a good enough excuse? I just didn't
    > reckon on the application process being so quick and we booked the
    > flights months ago and only filed last month, any advice would be great.
    > Thanks
    > Gavin
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Why should he have to pick one? Are you saying that he should not send an e-mail to the London Embasssy explaining his situation and requesting that they reschedule his appointment?

Despite what the London Embassy's appointment letter states, I don't think the staff there actually behave as though this is a one time only offer. There are also no rules saying you can't ask a question - the staff are in fact very helpful.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by UKLiz
Why should he have to pick one? Are you saying that he should not send an e-mail to the London Embasssy explaining his situation and requesting that they reschedule his appointment?

Despite what the London Embassy's appointment letter states, I don't think the staff there actually behave as though this is a one time only offer. There are also no rules saying you can't ask a question - the staff are in fact very helpful.

The OP should bear in mind a few other problems that might arise. He is not guaranteed entry into the US to go to AZ. After all his name is in the database as having immigration intent.

If he is denied entry and causes a problem at the POE and is forceably removed he could come up with a mark against him that will mean "waiver" time. Also he should make the US Consulate aware that he is going to the US as they might well have to redo his FBI and IBIS name check since he has traveled abroad after the initial name check.

Just a few dings in your travel plans.

Rete
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks
Gavin
I know what i would choose!!!! For me the most important is going for my interview but I would email them for sure and just see what they say. What is the harm in that. GOOD LUCK......i'm sure you will make the right choice

We can swap dates cos I am still waiting for my packet 3 so Ill go for my interview on January 7th and you can have mine which will most likely be in February/March time lol

Last edited by whistlestop01; Dec 11th 2003 at 5:57 am.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:55 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Also he should make the US Consulate aware that he is going to the US as they might well have to redo his FBI and IBIS name check since he has traveled abroad after the initial name check.
Rete
Is that definite? I have received my I-129 (spouse) approval. I am currently in the US returing to UK on december 14th.

Two questions:

Has my name been checked yet?
Does my present visit affect my name check?
If i return to the US under VWP sometime in January what effect will this have?

OOps! That was three.

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
Is that definite? I have received my I-129 (spouse) approval. I am currently in the US returing to UK on december 14th.

Two questions:

OOps! That was three.

CB
I have had conflicting stories about visiting the States while your visa is pending......i went over in August for 88 days (just under the 90 day VWP) and they questioned me and said you aren't supposed to be here while a visa is pending but he let me through. I did have documents to prove i was going back but he didnt ask for them.

I have been told there isn't a problem and some other people have said that the more visits you do the more they delay your visa. Its all very confusing!!!!

Good Luck
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:34 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I totally agree with this, the interview must surely be more important.
I know if it were me, my better half would absolutely insist the interview came before the vacation but hey, to each their own.
The London consulate are very helpful, but I cant help wondering if you have your priorities a little backwards.
Just my opinion, so don't take offence.

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I know what i would choose!!!! For me the most important is going for my interview but I would email them for sure and just see what they say.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride

Two questions:

OOps! That was three.

CB

It was a definite for another poster who used the US Consulate in Paris. They had to redo the FBI report on him (pre-IBIS days) and that delayed their interview by another 4 weeks.

It is "assumed" the Consulate will start the FBI check and the IBIS check once they receive the notification from the SC that the I-129F has been approved. However, one can also assume they don't do it until they get your checklist back from you.

Hey you are here. Not a hell of a lot you can do about that now is there.

Rete
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:26 am
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CharlieS
I totally agree with this, the interview must surely be more important.
I know if it were me, my better half would absolutely insist the interview came before the vacation but hey, to each their own.
The London consulate are very helpful, but I cant help wondering if you have your priorities a little backwards.
Just my opinion, so don't take offence.

Everyone, thank you for taking time out to reply to my predicament, I have emailed the Embassy asking for another appointment if possible and I am also prepared to cancel our vacation with my wifes blessing, although slightly upset at not seeing her family over the holiday period, I honestly did not know about the travelling while visa pending, but we only applied at the beginning of Nov and never expected this so soon.
But anyway, thanks again and hopefully there will be no problems.

Happy Holidays
Gavin
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Everyone, thank you for taking time out to reply to my predicament, I have emailed the Embassy asking for another appointment if possible and I am also prepared to cancel our vacation with my wifes blessing, although slightly upset at not seeing her family over the holiday period, I honestly did not know about the travelling while visa pending, but we only applied at the beginning of Nov and never expected this so soon.
But anyway, thanks again and hopefully there will be no problems.

Happy Holidays
Gavin
You are lucky for it to have gone through so fast ....it took us 5 months to get the I-129F approved let alone an interview date lol

GOOD LUCK AND whatever you do have a great vacation/interview .......mmmmm great interview??????
Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:01 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
It was a definite for another poster who used the US Consulate in Paris. They had to redo the FBI report on him (pre-IBIS days) and that delayed their interview by another 4 weeks.

It is "assumed" the Consulate will start the FBI check and the IBIS check once they receive the notification from the SC that the I-129F has been approved. However, one can also assume they don't do it until they get your checklist back from you.

Hey you are here. Not a hell of a lot you can do about that now is there.

Rete
Thanks for the info Rete.

I'm leaving on Sunday but I plan to visit again.

If it takes longer I suppose that won't really matter as I'll hopefully be with hubby while I'm waiting.

CB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.