Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I have a B1/B2 visa, can we get married once I've entered as a tourist

Wikiposts

I have a B1/B2 visa, can we get married once I've entered as a tourist

Old May 2nd 2002, 9:10 am
Guille

Default I have a B1/B2 visa, can we get married once I've entered as a tourist

I'm still living and working in Argentina, I have a B1/B2 visa and we want to get
married as soon as possible. Once I leave Argentina I would need to work. Which would
be the fastest way? Should I go get married and then change my status? Should I wait
here for a fiance visa? We've been appart for many months during the last year and I
have the chance to go there on June, if we start with the fiance visa thing Am I able
to enter the US as a tourist?

Thank you so much for your help, I find this group very active and cooperative!!!

Old May 2nd 2002, 11:10 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: I have a B1/B2 visa, can we get married once I've entered as a

The fastest way to work is with a relative visa. You are a permanent resident (with
or without conditional status) when you clear INS on arrival and are free to work
and/or travel in and out of the US.

Getting married and filing I-130 in Argentina is probably the best way to do this.

See info here:

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/ar1/wwwhivpe.html

The US Citizen files the I-130 there, then comes back to the US. The visa interview
is 2 to 3 months later and the US citizen doesn't have to be present.

M

Guille wrote:
    >
    > I'm still living and working in Argentina, I have a B1/B2 visa and we want to get
    > married as soon as possible. Once I leave Argentina I would need to work. Which
    > would be the fastest way? Should I go get married and then change my status? Should
    > I wait here for a fiance visa? We've been appart for many months during the last
    > year and I have the chance to go there on June, if we start with the fiance visa
    > thing Am I able to enter the US as a tourist?
    >
    > Thank you so much for your help, I find this group very active and cooperative!!!