Wikiposts

I feel ROBBED

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:27 am
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice
Default I feel ROBBED

Hello group,
on the 23rd June 2004 I mailed an A4 (12"x9") packet to my my in America. It contained my "ADIT" pic plus extras for which we may need, and if not then for my loves change purse to cary around ( like we all like to do )
The package also contained some of the "K3" that I reprinted and U.S. money orders to value of US $165, money that my wife need only put US $20 towards for our i130 application.
It was sent from the U.K. Royal Mail by there prestigious "Airsure" and gauranteed to leave England on the next flight, which it did, it arrived at JFK on 24th next day. good service ? but now 23rd July it has not arrived, not a trace from leaving the U.K..
I have a question??? I want to find the cheapest, secure way to transfer money to my wife, "paypal" ??? "bank transfer" ?? any method you have used that is totally secure would be a welcome thought.
Regards to all and good luck in your endeavours. Dexy / Peach.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I feel ROBBED

I opened a bank account , got an atm card and sent it to my wife. I only kept what I wanted transferred and we had no problems getting funds in Aruba, Colombia, Venezuela, or Mexico. Instant, no exchange rates to deal with, and I could handle everthing electronically in a matter of minutes.

Also no atm charges when used out of the country. I did notify the bank of my intent so that they wouldn't cancel the card for suspect out of country transactions.

Worked for us anyway.

Good luck,

Tony
Originally posted by dexy
Hello group,
on the 23rd June 2004 I mailed an A4 (12"x9") packet to my my in America. It contained my "ADIT" pic plus extras for which we may need, and if not then for my loves change purse to cary around ( like we all like to do )
The package also contained some of the "K3" that I reprinted and U.S. money orders to value of US $165, money that my wife need only put US $20 towards for our i130 application.
It was sent from the U.K. Royal Mail by there prestigious "Airsure" and gauranteed to leave England on the next flight, which it did, it arrived at JFK on 24th next day. good service ? but now 23rd July it has not arrived, not a trace from leaving the U.K..
I have a question??? I want to find the cheapest, secure way to transfer money to my wife, "paypal" ??? "bank transfer" ?? any method you have used that is totally secure would be a welcome thought.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road

Western Union may be Ok, though I'm not sure how much you want to transfer and what the fees may actually be.

PayPal is excellent IF: 1) you have a bank account in UK, 2) she has a bank account in US, and 3) if PayPal will convert the money for you. I'm not sure if they are US-only or not, you'll have to check. I love PayPal when I can use it, and it is probably the easiest if it works for international transfers.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:36 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello group,

Hey there Dexy:

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience
I don't know anything about a secure way to transfer money, sorry!, I wish you nothing but the very best
Take care!

Hyper: 101 days.. and counting arg!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I used Paypal several times to transfer money from the UK to the US. On his side, I believe he had to use his credit card to send the money, and then he used his bank account to pay off the credit card. However, we charged quite a bit for this. I think for a transfer of around $1800, we paid around $100 in exchange rate fees and withdrawal fees.

Definitely the best thing might be to open up a bank account in the UK and send her the ATM card in the mail. I used my debit card in the UK, from my US bank, and I got charge no fees and no hassle about conversion fees either. It's worth looking into.

Hello group,
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 6:00 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

dexy,

ATM.

I opened a joint checking account with my while she was still overseas waiting for my I-129f petition approval, got her an ATM card, and sent it to her. $1.50 per transaction charged by my bank, no ATM transaction charges in her country, the exchange rate used is the inter-bank rate.

Regards, JEff

Hello group,
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 10:36 am
Exile

"sunflwrgrl13" wrote:
    > Definitely the best thing might be to open up a bank account in
    > the UK and send her the ATM card in the mail. I used my debit card in
    > the UK, from my US bank, and I got charge no fees and no hassle about
    > conversion fees either. It's worth looking into.

That's fine for small amounts, but when you're limited to withdrawals of a
couple of hundred dollars a day, it's going to take you a while to withdraw
several thousand. Also, while you may not be charged a fee for the
transaction (I get charged approx. £1.50UKP per withdrawal) you often get a
poor exchange rate.

Andy

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:36 pm
Jarmo

In article <[email protected]>
dexy <member18233@british_expats.com> wrote:

> "Airsure" and gauranteed to leave England on the next flight, which it
    > did, it arrived at JFK on 24th next day. good service ? but now 23rd July
    > it has not arrived, not a trace from leaving the U.K..

I've had similar experiences. Normal priority/first class/air mail seems to
be the fastest way to mail something to USA from Europe. For some reason
anything faster gets stuck somewhere in US and I've never had it arrive in
less than a month where as "normal" mail sometimes has made it in 3 days.

> I have a question??? I want to find the cheapest, secure way to transfer
    > money to my wife, "paypal" ??? "bank transfer" ?? any method you have used
    > that is totally secure would be a welcome thought.

My experience is that bank transfer is cheapest but slowest. It also is
quite secure as it is a bank that is doing it. Personally I have always
received the money within a week although officially they were promising a
month.

Paypal works for small sums but their exchange rate is poor, transfer
between bank account and Paypal account takes long, and if you have to use
the "Premier account" then there will be a fee that is around 3% of the
transferred amount.

Western Union <http://www.westernunion.com> offers two kinds of money
transfers. One is almost immediate and has relatively high fees and the
other takes a few days but the associated fees are smaller. Through their
website you can locate the closest agent location.

MoneyGram <http://www.moneygram.com/> is another fast money transfer service.
Again through their website you can find the closest agent. Their fee for
instant transfer seems to be bit lower than Western Union's. I had one
problem with them though when I transferred $1100. The person receiving the
money went to get it from the local Wal-mart and they didn't have sufficient
funds there to pay her.

HTH

Jarmo
--
You are sick, twisted and perverted. I like that in a person.

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 3:17 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Hello group,
I had a wire transfer from Ireland done only the other day, on the Irish side there was NO fee, here my bank charged $10 wire fee and also a $25 transfer fee (we still have to call the bank and find out what the hell the two charges are for). Was $1000 and it took 24 hours to come from Ireland via wire transfer, the teller in Ireland had said it would take 3 working days. The exchange rate I think will be better doing it outside the US, my experience here with US banks and the exchange rates have been pretty much they will charge what they want and do not really observe the international excahnge rates,, very much take it or leave it.
BTW, the two banks involved were Bank of Ireland and Washingtong Mutual.
Patrick
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are loads of ways of sending money from the UK.

Bank to Bank in my case took about a day, I think they said it could take 3 days (Nat West to CO)

Depends on the amount, I still use my UK Card on occasion but it is cheaper to transfer en masse.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Roong_Rob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello group,
Yes, ATM is OK but also has its problems as you pointed out. If you can get Cashiers Cheques or Money Orders in US Dollars for large Amounts, the fastest way to transfer it efficently in a hurry might be Fed Ex instead of the post office.

I think Fed Ex has a good track record and you can follow the package on-line. I have been using it back and forth between Northern California and NorthEast Thailand with excellent success.

About US $37.00 and you can send a cheque of any amount.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:00 pm
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice

Hello group,
Thank you all for your good advice, I shall look into the ATM card method first. Thanks again. Dexy.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

coloradogirl is on a distinguished road

I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it worked for us. I sent my husband a credit card to get cash advances, yes the fees are high, but everytime he took money (and I had a set amount he could take) he would let me know and I'd get on-line and transfer money from my checking accout to the credit card.
I know it sounds dumb to most people, but really it was the easiest for us. He had to make so many trips back and forth to Casa it was just easier for him and peace of mind to know he could get cash at any atm at any time he needed it.

-cg
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:10 am
Reargunner666

Roong_Rob <member25684@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by dexy
    > > Hello group,
    > >
    > on the 23rd June 2004 I mailed an A4 (12"x9") packet to my my in
    > America. It contained all the pictures that were taken of me sucking
off homeless men and letting them cum all over my face. It also showed
the pics of them banging my tight asshole. I love strange men to ****
me and cum in my gay ass. I like to visit DCMark and go out to gay
bars with him and we suck each other off in the bathroom and then
other men come in and **** our asses good. DCMark is just as gay and
loves cum from strange men also so we are a great team.
    > and if not then for my loves change purse to cary around ( like we all
    > like to do )
    > > The package also contained some of the "K3" that I
    > reprinted and U.S. money orders to value of US $165, money that my wife
    > need only put US $20 towards for our i130 application.
    > > It was sent
    > from the U.K. Royal Mail by there prestigious "Airsure" and gauranteed
    > to leave England on the next flight, which it did, it arrived at JFK on
    > 24th next day. good service ? but now 23rd July it has not arrived, not
    > a trace from leaving the U.K..
    > > I have a question??? I want to find the
    > cheapest, secure way to transfer money to my wife, "paypal" ??? "bank
    > transfer" ?? any method you have used that is totally secure would be a
    > welcome thought.
    > > Regards to all and good luck in your endeavours. Dexy
    > / Peach.
    >
    > Yes, ATM is OK but also has its problems as you
    > pointed out. If you can get Cashiers Cheques or Money Orders in US
    > Dollars for large Amounts, the fastest way to transfer it efficently in
    > a hurry might be Fed Ex instead of the post office.
    >
    > I think Fed Ex has
    > a good track record and you can follow the package on-line. I have been
    > using it back and forth between Northern California and NorthEast
    > Thailand with excellent success.
    >
    > About US $37.00 and you can send a
    > cheque of any amount.

best wishes to you

Old Jul 25th 2004, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

spolizzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello group,

Royalmail is absolute crap, btw. I'll never trust them again.