Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I am trying to Marry Some one from Romania I live in Houston were do I start

Wikiposts

I am trying to Marry Some one from Romania I live in Houston were do I start

Old Jan 13th 2003, 3:56 pm
Zakaosdj

Default I am trying to Marry Some one from Romania I live in Houston were do I start

I need help please Help any info would help me . We are just getting started ,
I live in houston and she in Bucherist

Old Jan 14th 2003, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Jo Brayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default your question

there are a few ways to get started (i.e. to get married). I gather you want her to live with you, are you wanting her to take residency in Houston or ?

Step one: getting married

You could have a nice vacation to eastern europe and get married while there. Keep your documents in a very safe place.

You could apply for a K-1 for her to come to the US (single entry for marriage visa or something similar). go to www.ins.gov for more info. Obvoiusly someone correct me if that URL is wrong.

Step 2: Once married, being able to live together.

To live in her country: Dont know, she would have to find out what requirements need to be met for a foreign spouse to take up residency in her country are.

To live in Houston: someone with K-1 experience might be able to give more input on this but as far as I understand it you can apply for an IR-1 for her after she marries you and leaves the US, or "adjust" her status after marrying on a K-1. Someone else help with this one, I am not in on the K-1 thing.