Reload this Page >

I am getting threats from wife?? help

Wikiposts

I am getting threats from wife?? help

Old Jan 15th 2003, 5:00 am
Just Joined

henrystevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am getting threats from wife?? help

I have a question about what the INS will do if my wife carries out her threats, she said she will call the INS to tell them that we do not live togetther anymore... and that i used her.

If we end the marriage now and I file for removal of condition in Nov 2003, will i be denied? how can i survive all this trouble?

I have been married to a US citizen for almost 2 years but recently got separated from my wife. It looks like a divorce will go through in the next few month. We had our interview with the INS in winter 2001 and i received a plastic green card a few month later. The plastic card is valid i think for 2 years and then we go for another interview. Prior to the green card I got two EADs. Then around the time the second EAD expired I filed some additional paperwork, had the interview and finaly received a greencard in the mail.
Old Jan 15th 2003, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of
Default Re: I am getting threats from wife?? help

On form I-751 - the petition you'll file to remove the conditions on
your residency has a section that says:

"My conditional residence is based on my marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, but I am unable to file a joint petition and I request a waiver because: (check one)

I entered into the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was terminated through divorce/annulment."

You can see the form yourself at www.ins.gov

What they do in these situations, I do not know, but my guess would be that you have rights and that as long as you're honest and hardworking - it'll probably all work out.

Tell your wife to shut her pie hole and that her rantings can't hurt you. ;o)
Old Jan 15th 2003, 4:28 pm
Bellsouth Customer

Go Jen!
I love a women with spunk!
"Shut her pie hole"...LOL I love it.

"jeninifer" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On form I-751 - the petition you'll file to remove the conditions on
    > your residency has a section that says:
    > "My conditional residence is based on my marriage to a U.S. citizen or
    > permanent resident, but I am unable to file a joint petition and I
    > request a waiver because: (check one)
    > I entered into the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was
    > terminated through divorce/annulment."
    > You can see the form yourself at www.ins.gov
    > What they do in these situations, I do not know, but my guess would be
    > that you have rights and that as long as you're honest and hardworking -
    > it'll probably all work out.
    > Tell your wife to shut her pie hole and that her rantings can't
    > hurt you. ;o)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 15th 2003, 10:59 pm
Jadm

you can apply to have conditions removed without her yes, isnt much
she can do about it so long as you entered the marriage legit*

Old Jan 16th 2003, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bellsouth Customer
Go Jen!
I love a women with spunk!
"Shut her pie hole"...LOL I love it.

If it's spunk you want - I have plenty to share!

I just hate to see people taken advantage of. This poor gentleman is being threatened just because his wife thinks she can harm him. I'm sure that she entered the marriage with some hint of faith, but now that it's gone she'll say anything just to be nasty.

I say that he gets a good job and sticks with it. When it comes around to adjust his status having an attorney's consult probably wouldn't hurt.

Then he moves on with his life, marries a woman that respects him and moves his new family in right next door to his ex-wife!

Oh, and he definitely has to have the bigger house with the best mailbox on the street.

Jen
Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You can file for your removal of conditions before November 2003 if your divorce is final. While you still have access to the household paperwork, be sure that you gather all your INS documentation that has been filed over the years and collect all the supporting documentation that you can to support your premise that you entered the marriage in good faith and lived together as a married couple with comingled social and financial lives. Put all of this in a safe place that your wife cannot touch. She cannot without her petition(s). You are already a green card holder so that is over and done with. Even if you divorce she is still on the hook with the I-864 Affidavit of Support. She cannot withdraw that. So cover your arse, get your paperwork together and put away safely and get on with life.

Rete

Originally posted by henrystevens
I have a question about what the INS will do if my wife carries out her threats, she said she will call the INS to tell them that we do not live togetther anymore... and that i used her.

If we end the marriage now and I file for removal of condition in Nov 2003, will i be denied? how can i survive all this trouble?

I have been married to a US citizen for almost 2 years but recently got separated from my wife. It looks like a divorce will go through in the next few month. We had our interview with the INS in winter 2001 and i received a plastic green card a few month later. The plastic card is valid i think for 2 years and then we go for another interview. Prior to the green card I got two EADs. Then around the time the second EAD expired I filed some additional paperwork, had the interview and finaly received a greencard in the mail.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:48 am
Americanparuski

[email protected] (jadm) wrote in message news:...
    > you can apply to have conditions removed without her yes, isnt much
    > she can do about it so long as you entered the marriage legit*

It's sounds like you have your green card. So you can work (I
believe). It's been 2 years, so I believe if you get divorced you can
file some paper work and stay in the USA if you want. I would have to
agree with "Shut your pie hole"

Old Jan 16th 2003, 5:06 am
M1nn0w

jeninifer wrote in message ...
    >Tell your wife to shut her pie hole and that her rantings can't
    >hurt you. ;o)

Unless, of course, she can prove that you actually DID use her...........

Old Jan 16th 2003, 7:07 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

You give good advice.

As one well respected immigration attorney told me when I consulted her about sending a letter to the INS about my now ex-wife, "Don't waste your time, the INS has better things to do than help angry ex-spouses get revenge." (Not a direct quote, but close.)

It's quite likely that the more vicious this ex-wife tries to be, the more help she will be to her ex-husband, especially if he collects his documentation as you recommend. The INS will see where the true problem exists.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
You can file for your removal of conditions before November 2003 if your divorce is final. While you still have access to the household paperwork, be sure that you gather all your INS documentation that has been filed over the years and collect all the supporting documentation that you can to support your premise that you entered the marriage in good faith and lived together as a married couple with comingled social and financial lives. Put all of this in a safe place that your wife cannot touch. She cannot without her petition(s). You are already a green card holder so that is over and done with. Even if you divorce she is still on the hook with the I-864 Affidavit of Support. She cannot withdraw that. So cover your arse, get your paperwork together and put away safely and get on with life.

Rete
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:12 am
Bellsouth Customer

Maybe she was using him. Men can go through mail-order brides like tissue,
but you think women don't do the same? Especially online relationships. I
used to chat online and have never seen so many desparate, lonely women
invite foriegn strangers into their homes. Its a double standard thats
accepted over men doing the same thing.

"jeffreyhy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Rete,
    > You give good advice.
    > As one well respected immigration attorney told me when I consulted her
    > about sending a letter to the INS about my now ex-wife, "Don't waste
    > your time, the INS has better things to do than help angry ex-spouses
    > get revenge." (Not a direct quote, but close.)
    > It's quite likely that the more vicious this ex-wife tries to be, the
    > more help she will be to her ex-husband, especially if he collects his
    > documentation as you recommend. The INS will see where the true
    > problem exists.
    > Regards, JEff
    > Originally posted by Rete
    > > You can file for your removal of conditions before November 2003 if
    > > your divorce is final. While you still have access to the household
    > > paperwork, be sure that you gather all your INS documentation that has
    > > been filed over the years and collect all the supporting documentation
    > > that you can to support your premise that you entered the marriage in
    > > good faith and lived together as a married couple with comingled
    > > social and financial lives. Put all of this in a safe place that your
    > > wife cannot touch. She cannot without her petition(s). You are
    > > already a green card holder so that is over and done with. Even if
    > > you divorce she is still on the hook with the I-864 Affidavit of
    > > Support. She cannot withdraw that. So cover your arse, get your
    > > paperwork together and put away safely and get on with life.
    > >
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com