Reload this Page >

I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Wikiposts

I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:37 am
Just Joined

baggers719 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

I completely understand why it is important... I had the requirements to enter the US and my reasons were coming are what I told the officer.. I have nothing to hide and have every intention of leaving.. I just extended my inital stay here thats all.

I will have a look through these today and discuss tonight on where I will go with this.. however this is another problem I will have to sort..

either way thank you all for answering my original question.. I just wanted to know if I had 4 weeks or 6 weeks left with my fiancee and it seems pretty clear now.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baggers719
I will have a look through these today and discuss tonight on where I will go with this.. however this is another problem I will have to sort..
How do you mean?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:53 am
Just Joined

well i mean I need to really discuss exactly what we want to do... i.e. where we would like to settle..and obviously got through the time it takes being apart etc.

however just reading one link and I may have discovered one problem already..

my fiancee is not US citizen although she was planning to apply soon.. She has lived here for 14 years and is a permanent resident.. (i have dated her since I was 11!!) does this mean I cannot apply for this K1 visa? will make it easier to know the options when we talk later.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

well i mean I need to really discuss exactly what we want to do... i.e. where we would like to settle..and obviously got through the time it takes being apart etc.

my fiancee is not US citizen although she was planning to apply soon.. She has lived here for 14 years and is a permanent resident.. (i have dated her since I was 11!!) does this mean I cannot apply for this K1 visa? will make it easier to know the options when we talk later.
That makes a world of difference. At the moment, you can't do the K-1 visa. Only a USC can petition for a K-1 fiance visa.

In the meantime, another option is to go ahead and get married now. She can file the I-130 towards your immigrant visa while she's a PR, and then upgrade the petition when she becomes a USC. From the time she becomes a USC, it will take about 8 to 10 months for you to get your immigrant visa (if processing times remain the same).

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that pretty much puts an end to the K-1 for you. For now anyway.

At some point, the border agent isn't going to let you come over and hang out here for long stretches. You really should be making a longer term plan now, IMO.
If you marry, and your wife is a Permanent Resident, it will take about 5 years for a visa number to become available for you. You can not move to the US without a visa number available.
If she naturalizes, you go to the front of the line.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:03 am

OK Rene, I'm going for coffee.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:10 am
Just Joined

yes I just read that!! oh well.. cant believe im discussing this now after a simple question i ask first!! either way me leaving was going to happen eventually..

I take everything you have helped me with on board seriously and thank you all again.. you have been huge help!!

p.s. I just emailed my fiancee and told her we need to get married ASAP!!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

yes I just read that!! oh well.. cant believe im discussing this now after a simple question i ask first!! either way me leaving was going to happen eventually..

I take everything you have helped me with on board seriously and thank you all again.. you have been huge help!!

p.s. I just emailed my fiancee and told her we need to get married ASAP!!
How romantic ..well it is Valentine's Day on Saturday...Vegas anyone??
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:58 am
Just Joined

haha dont tempt me!!

actually I am taking her to Vancouver for the weekend! This was already planned last month before anyone says about me trying this going to Canada to renew thing!! Not an option to me.. I won't push anything incase we decide I come here for good!

ok... so say we did get married like pretty soon... she's a PR holder and obviously would apply for her citizenship.. would this affect her applying for it??

im covering every angle here!!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:00 am

haha dont tempt me!!

actually I am taking her to Vancouver for the weekend! This was already planned last month before anyone says about me trying this going to Canada to renew thing!! Not an option to me.. I won't push anything incase we decide I come here for good!

ok... so say we did get married like pretty soon... she's a PR holder and obviously would apply for her citizenship.. would this affect her applying for it??

im covering every angle here!!
No, her getting married will not impact her naturalization application.
Get back to the wiki & look for the article on Naturalization Resources... it's got all the info she needs.

If you are going to go to Canada, carry proof of your flight out of the US (so that Candada will admit you) and you keep your I-94W thru the Canada trip.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
And why does one need 90 days in the US? Can't be a vacation - we only get 2 weeks here.... I suspect something more!
My sister and her boyfriend landed here yesterday and are staying for about 90 days. They want to travel around, nothing more than that. It's a vacation and has nothing to do with the amount of time off Americans get.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

yes just booked my return flight.. guess its a good job I came on here as I may have been stuck in canada!!

thank you all again... I now have lots to talk about when my fiancee gets home!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun in Vancouver...one of my favourite cities