Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Wikiposts

I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:43 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Originally Posted by baggers719
well yes I did not see any reason why I couldnt stay within this period since I have the means to pay for a flight back...
Did you not have a rtn ticket anyway when you entered!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:50 am
Just Joined

baggers719 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes I did...I just had the opportunity to stay longer so I decided to stay

like I said I have no intention of breaking any rules.. and if I have it was done unknowingly even after reading up on this

the reason i I asked this original question is because the terms are a little unclear or there is a mistake on the expiry date stamped on my form.. I merely tried to clear this up as I could have easily got in trouble for staying longer than the 90 days by just using this date
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

If arriving by air or sea, they are traveling on an approved carrier (See the approved carriers list) and have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination;
They can demonstrate the intent to stay 90 days or less in the United States and demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves while in the United States

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wi..._1990.html#vwp
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

maybe i was a little naive on this.. either way thank you all for your help.. will make sure I return before the 90 days..

will obviously be hard to leave my fiancee but I guess thats life...
You can make sure you get your original signed G-325a ready, and your original 'intent to marry' statement signed while you are here then.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
If arriving by air or sea, they are traveling on an approved carrier (See the approved carriers list) and have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination;
They can demonstrate the intent to stay 90 days or less in the United States and demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves while in the United States

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wi..._1990.html#vwp
I'm thick today...I still don't see where he broke the VWP regulations....
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm thick today...I still don't see where he broke the VWP regulations....
I think he didn't. Ray assumed OP didn't have a return ticket.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:07 am
Just Joined

ok... i've just phoned the US border and customs...

you are correct I do have 90 days and therefore the stamp is incorrect.. and I asked about whether I have broken any rules by extending my stay..

providing I have booked a further return flight within this period there are no issues.. so technically yes I did violate the waiver conditions by 13 days.. putting that right now!

in fact he even suggested I went over to canada and just got a new one!! this is not something I am going to do and also surprised me since I have read on term saying this was not possible.. anyway just thought id mention it
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:17 am

ok... i've just phoned the US border and customs...

you are correct I do have 90 days and therefore the stamp is incorrect.. and I asked about whether I have broken any rules by extending my stay..

providing I have booked a further return flight within this period there are no issues.. so technically yes I did violate the waiver conditions by 13 days.. putting that right now!

in fact he even suggested I went over to canada and just got a new one!! this is not something I am going to do and also surprised me since I have read on term saying this was not possible.. anyway just thought id mention it
You keep mentioning that you extended your stay.. how do you mean?

In what way do you think you have violated the waiver conditions by 13 days?

The Canada idea was typical misinformation. A trip to Canada will NOT reset your 90 day clock and 'get you a new one (I-94W)'. If you need the links that state this, let me know or go looking at the VWP info from the link Ray provided.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:21 am
Just Joined

apologies for not being quite clear...

to put it bluntly I simply did not return on my original planned flight. Neither was it transferable or able to cancel. this was due 13 days ago and therefore technically I have had no return flight booked during this period. Partly due because I was not entirely sure when I was going to leave. Obviously this would be within my allowed stay period though...
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:22 am
Just Joined

and ref the canada thing... it really wasnt an option for me anyway...

I think maybe I need to start looking at a more permanent solution to us both now
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think maybe I need to start looking at a more permanent solution to us both now
Do a search on the Wiki section here, and look up K-1 (fiance visa) and CR-1 (spouse immigrant visa).

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:28 am
Just Joined

was just looking now actually.. im not sure if I will be moving here or my fiancee moving to the UK yet but we def need to get the ball rolling..

I looked it up briefly and looked fairly complicated.. Is it my turn to be stupid today??
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:29 am

apologies for not being quite clear...

to put it bluntly I simply did not return on my original planned flight. Neither was it transferable or able to cancel. this was due 13 days ago and therefore technically I have had no return flight booked during this period. Partly due because I was not entirely sure when I was going to leave. Obviously this would be within my allowed stay period though...
Ah, I see. The return ticket/violation thing applies at entry. Letting your ticket go is fine as long as you leave before the 90 days.

Can you see that we think this is very important? Especially as you've got longer term aspirations. Do NOT overstay and leave the Western Hemisphere.

Ahh, that is why I mentioned the other forms; thought you were already taking steps with that.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:30 am

was just looking now actually.. im not sure if I will be moving here or my fiancee moving to the UK yet but we def need to get the ball rolling..

I looked it up briefly and looked fairly complicated.. Is it my turn to be stupid today??
It's easy.. just take things one step at a time and plan on some reading. It's a lot to learn all in one day but taking time does not make you stupid.. the opposite in fact!

If you want to explore her moving to the UK, the forum to go to is uk-yankee.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:33 am

It just takes a while for all the information to sink in. It's not really complicated...but it takes time and patience and a will to learn.

If you have questions on the immigration forms (to the USA), it's better to ask over in the US Marriage-Based section of the site.

For going the other way, US to UK, look over here: http://www.uk-yankee.com/

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.