I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Wikiposts

I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Old Feb 12th 2009, 4:48 am
Just Joined

baggers719 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

Good morning all,

I am currently visiting my fiancee in the US via the I-94W and am fully aware of the 90 day rule. However the date stamped on my green form attached to my passport does not coincide with this 90 days. I entered the US on 13th Dec 2008 as indicated via the admission stamp and there is also another stamp on there stating the 31st March 2009. Is this the date I need to leave or should I calculate 90 days from entry?

just thought i'd ask people who were more experienced with this type of thing?

Thanks,

Sean.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94W Visa Waiver Expiry Date

The POE official will have your entry date recorded even if he/she stamped incorrectly - it's 90 days from the entry date. And in the computer.
Don't push it or anything to the limit with immigration officials. You'll want to get back to see your fiancee sometime, I suspect....
And why does one need 90 days in the US? Can't be a vacation - we only get 2 weeks here.... I suspect something more!

Last edited by AlanR; Feb 12th 2009 at 5:11 am. Reason: fiancee typo
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baggers719
Good morning all,

I am currently visiting my fiancee in the US via the I-94W and am fully aware of the 90 day rule. However the date stamped on my green form attached to my passport does not coincide with this 90 days. I entered the US on 13th Dec 2008 as indicated via the admission stamp and there is also another stamp on there stating the 31st March 2009. Is this the date I need to leave or should I calculate 90 days from entry?

Thanks,

Sean.
I would leave before the 90 days is up, regardless of what is stamped on your I-94W. Sounds like a typo to me ( 13 vs 31).

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
And why does one need 90 days in the US - can't be a vacation. I suspect something more!
I don't agree with this part. If someone has the means to stay that long, why not? I sure would!

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning all,

Thanks,

Sean.
I agree with Rene.

This is another of those situations where you are meant to be responsible for yourself following the rules and staying in status.

You should leave well before the 90 day deadline, especially if you plan on returning on the VWP.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:16 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What is the date on your return ticket ..
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:20 am
Just Joined

ok i did kind of expect that answer but just wondered as I was not sure.

as for "suspecting something" yes i have the means to be here for up to 90 days... she is my fiancee and I want to spend as much time as I can?? not really sure what is wrong with that! as for future decisions on what to do I guess we are kind of discussing that now...

anyway thank you for your input I appreciate it very much
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

make sure you hand in your green form when you leave...I'm sure you know that but just thought I'd remind you
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:26 am
Just Joined

well i was due to go back in Jan but decided on staying longer.. i am booking my return flight today hence the reason I am asking whether I was eligible to stay until 31st or not
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:27 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

well i was due to go back in Jan but decided on staying longer.. i am booking my return flight today hence the reason I am asking whether I was eligible to stay until 31st or not
So you broke the terms of the visa waiver already
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Ray
So you broke the terms of the visa waiver already
Really? You have to go back on your pre-determined return flight? You can't change your mind and stay longer, as long as you're within the 90 days?

Rene
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:35 am
Just Joined

well actually I did read the terms on the back of this form and it does not state anything about this braking the terms.. in fact it does not state anything about a return flight.

it states being able to stay for up to 90 days and also up to the date stamped hence I have asked the original question
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:38 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Really? You have to go back on your pre-determined return flight? You can't change your mind and stay longer, as long as you're within the 90 days?

Rene
I thought the same, as long as you left within the 90days you could leave when you liked
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:40 am
Just Joined

maybe i was a little naive on this.. either way thank you all for your help.. will make sure I return before the 90 days..

will obviously be hard to leave my fiancee but I guess thats life...
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:41 am
Just Joined

well yes I did not see any reason why I couldnt stay within this period since I have the means to pay for a flight back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.