Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-94W still in daughters passport

I-94W still in daughters passport

Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default I-94W still in daughters passport

My daughter requires a new passport since her current one has expired.
I came across an I-94W stub inside her passport still ...it has ben in there since she visited US in 2004. She did leave US in August 2nd 2004 after her vacation.
My daughter is 22 and was not aware of it at the time as i guess she just thought it was something they attached to her passport when and had to stay there.
Now she has to re-new her passport but the problem is what will happen when she flys to US to visit me in the future ?

Also Inside her passport is an e-ticket stub that shows she did leave on August 2nd 2004.
will this be enough proof that she did return to UK since this is clearly not her mistake but immigration in US because she has never had an over stay or anything like that she only ever went on vacation and returned to UK ontime as per her flight tickets. Since then she has been in Canada fro vacation with no problems but my concern is that she may encounter problems in the future when she comes to visit me in US through this stub not being removed when she left US in 2004.

I will call London Embassy and see what they have to say but i wondered if anyone here can tell me what to do to avoid my daughter having any probs with Immigration.
All help much appreciated.

Michelle
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94W still in daughters passport

What should I do if I did not turn in my I-94 (Arrival / Departure Record) when I left the U.S.?

It is common and happened in many cases that I94 is not taken out by the airline checking counter at the airport while leaving the USA. You should always check whether airline checking person should take your I94, if not ask him/her to take it.
If for some reason you find that later once you already exit the USA and you send the the original I-94 to the following address:

ACS, Inc.
1084 South Laurel Road
London, Kentucky 40744

You must include with proof of departure. Suggested proof includes the arrival stamp in one's passport and the boarding pass from the flight. Always keep the copies of any documents submitted. The authorities warns that, without proof of the departure, there is no guarantee that the information will be entered into their system. This is logical, since otherwise, people could send the documentation and claim departure on a different date.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
What should I do if I did not turn in my I-94 (Arrival / Departure Record) when I left the U.S.?

It is common and happened in many cases that I94 is not taken out by the airline checking counter at the airport while leaving the USA. You should always check whether airline checking person should take your I94, if not ask him/her to take it.
If for some reason you find that later once you already exit the USA and you send the the original I-94 to the following address:

ACS, Inc.
1084 South Laurel Road
London, Kentucky 40744

You must include with proof of departure. Suggested proof includes the arrival stamp in one's passport and the boarding pass from the flight. Always keep the copies of any documents submitted. The authorities warns that, without proof of the departure, there is no guarantee that the information will be entered into their system. This is logical, since otherwise, people could send the documentation and claim departure on a different date.

Thanks for the info but whom exactly are ACS, Inc ?

My daughter was 18 at the time when she was in US and so i guess never paid attention to what they did with her passport and didnt know to tell the check -in operator to remove the stub, really thats their responsability to do that but i also understand its quite common thing to happen.

I will keep copies of her passport before i send it off to get a new one although they do send back your old passport when u get a new one but just incase i will keep all evidence of her entry and departure.

Thanks for your help

michelle
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
Thanks for the info but whom exactly are ACS, Inc ?
Its the Data centre that colects all the data on these thing
My daughter was 18 at the time when she was in US and so i guess never paid attention to what they did with her passport and didnt know to tell the check -in operator to remove the stub, really thats their responsability to do that but i also understand its quite common thing to happen.
No ..Its her responsibilty... the US goverment is never wrong....lol

Heres the official info ...
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/cbp/i94.html
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Its the Data centre that colects all the data on these thing

No ..Its her responsibilty... the US goverment is never wrong....lol

Heres the official info ...
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/cbp/i94.html

Actually it is not the government at fault here but the airline personnel not doing their job properly.

Just return the I-94W and a copy of the e-ticket and she is set to go.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:35 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually it is not the government at fault here but the airline personnel not doing their job properly.
But why is the airline involved in a goverment security measure
should be the Transportation Security Administration job..
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But why is the airline involved in a goverment security measure
should be the Transportation Security Administration job..
It was for several months was it not? There were TSA machines near the gates where people leaving the US had to scan in their passport to get a little "I am leaving the US" ticket, which you then showed to the staff, but held onto. ie as proof when you'd left.

Think that it just lasted 6 or 9 months....purely a trial...and much more sensible than the current ticket collection method.