Wikiposts

I-94w

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:29 am
Just Joined

littlegirllost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-94w

Hey everyone,
This is just a question.
Im married to a US Citizen, (since Feb this year).
Im about to file all my paperwork to become a permanent resident, i came in on the Visa Waiver Pilot Program.
I called teh BCIS helpline today to check i had all the right forms before i file, and the woman told me i couldnt stay on a I-94W, even though im married to a US Citizen. I then quoted her what it says in the notes for form I-485, that you CANNOT file for adjustment of status under the Visa Waiver program UNLESS you are applying as a spouse, parent, etc. So she then put me through to an Immigration Officer who told me that yes i could file for adjustment of status under the visa Waiver program.

My I-94W runs out end of next week, but i am sending in all the forms today, the reason we had to wait was because my husband was waiting on a job, and he only started it this week, hence we had to wait because of the I-864 Affidavit of support form. I was told you have to file for adjustment of status before your I-94W runs out, so they get it right before it does.

Does anyone know anything about this, or has anyone filed for adjustment of status through Family (spouse, parent, etc) on an I-94W?