Reload this Page >

I-94 when using Advance Parole.

Wikiposts

I-94 when using Advance Parole.

Old Aug 4th 2002, 3:20 pm
Ladeedmans

Default I-94 when using Advance Parole.

Hi,

I entered the States under a K1 visa at the end of January and am now awaiting my
green card interview in late October (in LA).

My wife and I are due to fly out to the UK within the next 24 hours for a wedding
blessing / ceremony with friends and family who couldn't make it for the legal
marriage ceremony in February.

Thanks to www.k1faq.com, I'm fairly sure I understand which bits of my Advance Parole
should (or could) go where on my re-entry. However, I have a query over the fate of
my I-94. Should I surrender this when we fly out and receive a new one on re-entry,
or am I supposed to keep the original from January (or even keep the original AND get
a new one on the flight back)?

Thanks in advance,

~ Matthew

Old Aug 4th 2002, 4:20 pm
Matta Harri

Default Re: I-94 when using Advance Parole.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
(LADeedmans) wrote:
    > I entered the States under a K1 visa at the end of January and am now awaiting my
    > green card interview in late October (in LA). My wife and I are due to fly out to
    > the UK within the next 24 hours for a wedding blessing / ceremony with friends and
    > family who couldn't make it for the legal marriage ceremony in February. Thanks to
    > www.k1faq.com, I'm fairly sure I understand which bits of my Advance Parole should
    > (or could) go where on my re-entry. However, I have a query over the fate of my
    > I-94. Should I surrender this when we fly out and receive a new one on re-entry, or
    > am I supposed to keep the original from January (or even keep the original AND get
    > a new one on the flight back)?
    >
You don't give up anything when you leave. You give up the original I-94 when you
return and are issued a new one.

matta