Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-94 is displaying incorrect info

Wikiposts

I-94 is displaying incorrect info

Old Dec 13th 2015, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-94 is displaying incorrect info

Hi All,

I arrived in the US on my K1 last week. I just checked my I-94 and it is showing that I entered on a K2 not a K1! I checked my passport stamp and they didn't complete the class, just the expiry date. Given a K2 is only for those aged under 21 and the I-94 states my date of birth the form is contradicting itself.

I believe I will need the I-94 for adjusting status, and also possibly for Social Security and Driving Licence. I'm also concerned more generally that i'm now in the system as a K2 holder and this will cause further issues.

Not entirely clear what I need to do to correct this, other than perhaps contact a Deferred inspection site?

Any help appreciated!

Dan

Last edited by scottyvisa; Dec 14th 2015 at 12:07 am.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94 is displaying incorrect info

Did a bit more research and it does look like I'll have to visit a Deferred Inspection Site to get this sorted, by luck there is a site less than a mile away from where I live! It only opens on a Wednesday apparently, so will have to try and get an appointment for then.

Would still appreciate if anyone has any other thoughts or has seen this before?
Old Dec 14th 2015, 12:57 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Screwed up immigration documentation is not at all unusual and is nothing to stress about. I was issued a green card with TWO material errors. They changed my surname to a different English word that is not, as far as I know a surname (like Jones to Bones), AND they switched my nationality to Irish!

So this was a federally-issued ID card issued with two material errors, just three months after 9/11.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Good to know that I'm in good company then! Thanks for responding, glad to know it's nothing to stress about.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Called them up to book an appointment and the man I spoke to just told me to email him everything and he'll sort it without me having to come in. Much easier than I was expecting!