Wikiposts

I-864A Help needed!

Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:33 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough
Default I-864A Help needed!

Hi,

I know I asked for help with the other form, but I am also having a few problems with this one. Any advice is greatly appreciated

As my wife is a student, I will be providing my own income as support. I am on the H1-B visa and my wife is a US citizen.

Here are my questions:

1) Part 1 asks for Information on Sponsor's Household Member or Sponsored Immigrant/Household Member. Is this me?

2) Part 2 is the Sponsor's Promise. I, The Sponsor xxx (Is this my wife)?

3) Part 2 - Name of Sponsored Immigrant - Is this me?

4) Part 3 - Household Member's Promise - Is this me?

5) Part 4 - Sponsored Immigrant / Household Member's Promise - Is this me?

6) Sponsor's Signature - Do I sign this or my wife?

Thanks!

Chris
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:57 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I-864A Help needed!

Originally posted by csf
1) Part 1 asks for Information on Sponsor's Household Member or Sponsored Immigrant/Household Member. Is this me?

The I-864 is completed by the sponsor; the I-864A is a contract between the sponsor and a household member, which in this case is you.

For clarification, each time it says sponsor this means your wife and when it says sponsored immigrant/household member this means you, as the immigrant/spouse.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864A Help needed!

Your wife completes Part 2 and signs Part 5. She should also fill out the very top part of page 1 of the form, above the instructions. If she is a born USC, she should just fill out her name and SSN as she does not have an A#. If she is a naturalized citizen she should have an A#.

You should fill out Part 1 and 4 (leave Part 3 blank). Sign Part 6.

Originally posted by csf

Here are my questions:

Thanks!

Chris