I-864.. UPDATE and questions

Wikiposts

I-864.. UPDATE and questions

Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

alldoneinswifey is on a distinguished road
Talking I-864.. UPDATE and questions

Hi!

My husband finally recieved a letter today, saying his file had been sent to the proper embassy. Letter stated that they would contact him with further info and that he would be contacted when his priority date had been reached, then went on to say that his priority date was October 31, 2003 ?!?!

What does this mean? Can we begin to hope that the end is in sight??
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:44 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-864.. UPDATE and questions

Originally Posted by alldoneinswifey
Hi!

My husband finally recieved a letter today, saying his file had been sent to the proper embassy. Letter stated that they would contact him with further info and that he would be contacted when his priority date had been reached, then went on to say that his priority date was October 31, 2003 ?!?!

Hi:

The "priority date" is the date the I-130 is filed in Family Based cases. However, immediate relatives I-130's have no backlog as a matter of law, so the "priority date" is always current.

However, "immediate relative" visas and adjustments DO use a "visa number" which can affect the numerical allocations of all other IV categories. Analogizing to computer software, this is something that goes on in the background of the Immigration operating system which is not seen by the end users.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The "priority date" is the date the I-130 is filed in Family Based cases. However, immediate relatives I-130's have no backlog as a matter of law, so the "priority date" is always current.

However, "immediate relative" visas and adjustments DO use a "visa number" which can affect the numerical allocations of all other IV categories. Analogizing to computer software, this is something that goes on in the background of the Immigration operating system which is not seen by the end users.

Thanks for the reply.....had to read a few times before it made sense!!

Are we getting close at least??
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

I guess what I am asking is, could we possibly be looking at and interview date....soon???
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

I guess what I am asking is, could we possibly be looking at and interview date....soon???

Well, nothing from London yet.................we are still waiting......
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:39 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

Hey girlie!!

That is great news!!, so NVC sent the approved case to the embassy, correct?, the next step is the packet 3, the embassy will send your husband a package with all the forms and documentation he needs to bring to the interview, seems like the end of this part of the process is coming to an end!
I am so happy for you!!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Hey girlie!!

That is great news!!, so NVC sent the approved case to the embassy, correct?, the next step is the packet 3, the embassy will send your husband a package with all the forms and documentation he needs to bring to the interview, seems like the end of this part of the process is coming to an end!
I am so happy for you!!

God I hope so.......just wish they would get their finger out, and send him the damn thing!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

God I hope so.......just wish they would get their finger out, and send him the damn thing!!!!

Ok............either I am WAY too impatient, or London is slow.........lol. It's been 3 weeks now and he has recieved nothing from them yet. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:24 am
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice
Talking Re: I-864.. UPDATE and questions

Me too, Mr "F" can you possibly talk in "English" instead of "Law" lol.
Keep writing tho no matter what we all will grasp it in the end.
Dexy.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:23 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

NVC will assign a case number for London-so instead of VSCXXXXXetc it'll be LNDXXXXX. Once you get that case number you can email London using it with your husband's name etc.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cindyabs
NVC will assign a case number for London-so instead of VSCXXXXXetc it'll be LNDXXXXX. Once you get that case number you can email London using it with your husband's name etc.

Thanks Cindy, but it's kinda strange you said that. Our case number all along has begun with LND......LOL
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:31 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cindy, but it's kinda strange you said that. Our case number all along has begun with LND......LOL

Whoops, sorry I forgot you're one of "Those" people, . Put it down to old age, .
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Whoops, sorry I forgot you're one of "Those" people, . Put it down to old age, .

LOL.

Hey, one of "THOSE" people??? LOL
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:42 am
Sursum corda

LOL.

Hey, one of "THOSE" people??? LOL

One of "those" LND people from start to finish, instead of a service center interim. I tell you it gets confusing, we were a TSC then an MSC then an LND for the K3 and now with the approved 130, doing CP, we're an LND again.
Alphabet soup.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

One of "those" LND people from start to finish, instead of a service center interim. I tell you it gets confusing, we were a TSC then an MSC then an LND for the K3 and now with the approved 130, doing CP, we're an LND again.
Alphabet soup.
Well hell, i am glad somebody knows what I am!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.