Wikiposts

I-864 Time Line

Old Apr 11th 2013, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

optomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really nice
Default I-864 Time Line

I tried searching but couldn't find anything (or I'm just not searching the right terms) but I was curious if anyone knows the time frame for I-864's? With the I-130 they give you a rough estimate of 3-5 months and I know it differs from case to case.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:17 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 Time Line

You question isn't clear. The I-864 is the sponsors financial statement, it is submitted with other documents and of itself doesn't have a time line.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

optomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really niceoptomisticgirl is just really nice

Yes I'm aware of this. I guess a better wording of the question is how long does the I-864 generally take to be approved (and when i say approved i mean looked at and verified the sponsor meets the requirements)? Days, weeks, months?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

It is done at the time the visa application is processed. To actually check the I-864 and check the supporting documents would not take more than a few minutes. If you are asking if they check with the sponsor, they do not. The sponsor either meets the requirements or not, the supporting tax returns etc will prove that.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on where the petition was processed, the I-864 may be reviewed twice. If the petition is submitted to a USCIS lockbox in the USA, the NVC will review that I-864 package for completeness prior to scheduling an interview and sending the visa application package to the consulate, and a consular officer will review the I-864 for financial sufficiency prior to or during the interview. If the petition is submitted to a USCIS foreign field office the I-864 package will be reviewed by a consular officer for both completeness and fiancial sufficiency immediately prior to or during the interview.

Both reviews probably take only a few minutes, depending on how well organized the package is.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by optomisticgirl
I guess a better wording of the question is how long does the I-864 generally take to be approved (and when i say approved i mean looked at and verified the sponsor meets the requirements)? Days, weeks, months?

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Apr 12th 2013 at 2:12 am.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Jeff. Basically I was trying to find out if this was going to be another long waiting period like it was during the I-130 for them to approve. We did submit to the USCIS US lockbox. I've for a nice heavy stack of copies and originals to send to my husband so he can have that at the interview in case they want to see original tax returns.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

As lansbury wrote, the I-864 is not an application to be approved or denied. It is a contract, and a supporting document for an application, in your situation a DS-260 application for an immigrant visa.

The I-864 will be neither approved nor denied. Rather, the DS-260 will be approved if all requirements are met and denied if any of the requirements are not met. The I-864 speaks to the public charge requirements for approving an immigrant visa.

Regards, JEff

Thank you Jeff. Basically I was trying to find out if this was going to be another long waiting period like it was during the I-130 for them to approve.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Jeff. Basically I was trying to find out if this was going to be another long waiting period like it was during the I-130 for them to approve.
No, the wait shouldn't be as long for this stage of the process. The longer part is waiting for the I-130 to get approved. The shorter part is all the rest of the process (from submitting documents to NVC to attending interview).

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:47 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

DS-230 Jeff, just in case anyone elses reads and is confused The DS-260 is the electronic version and is not applicable to the UK yet.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:55 am

Noted,

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by civilservant
DS-230 Jeff, just in case anyone elses reads and is confused The DS-260 is the electronic version and is not applicable to the UK yet.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

spousal visa CR1
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_2991.html