I-864 RFEs - Resubmit my I-864?

Wikiposts

I-864 RFEs - Resubmit my I-864?

Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Soniya2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 RFEs - Resubmit my I-864?

Hello,

I (U.S. citizen) submitted an I-864 for my husband (he's a PhD. student on F1 visa). I included my father as a household member on my I-864, which was incorrect. He has different home address than mine. He's the joint sponsor. So, he filled out an I-864 as a joint sponsor in response to the first RFE (request for initial evidence) we got. We received a second RFE (request for initial evidence) saying that my mother should fill out and sign an I-864A. But my mother doesn't work (she has never worked) and has 0 income. My father and my mother file taxes jointly and they have a joint bank account. Does my father's income becomes my mother's income as well because they have a joint tax return? I am confused as to what she will put down as her individual income (#10) and tax returns (#11) on Form I-864A? Also, can I re-submit my rectified/corrected I-864?

Could you please throw some light on this situation and advise me how to do this correctly. I will really appreciate your help.

Thank You,
Soniya
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 RFEs - Resubmit my I-864?

Hi Soniya,

It does seem odd that they ask for an I-864A from someone who is not contributing income, but at this point it's just easier to give them what they want.

You can certainly give them an updated I-864 of your own, with a little note on it that the first one was incorrect.

Give them a new I-864 from your father, including your mother's income (she'll put 0), and have your mom do an I-864A showing 0 income.

Kind of silly, but that's what they are asking for.

OR, you can answer the RFE by asking them to adjudicate it on what you've already provided. You DO have that option.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Soniya2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Soniya,

It does seem odd that they ask for an I-864A from someone who is not contributing income, but at this point it's just easier to give them what they want.

You can certainly give them an updated I-864 of your own, with a little note on it that the first one was incorrect.

Give them a new I-864 from your father, including your mother's income (she'll put 0), and have your mom do an I-864A showing 0 income.

Kind of silly, but that's what they are asking for.

OR, you can answer the RFE by asking them to adjudicate it on what you've already provided. You DO have that option.

Rene
Hello Noorah,

Thanks so much for your quick response. Like you said, I too think that at this point it's just best to give them whatever they are asking for.

Okay, so my mum will put 0 for her individual income on Form I-864A. How about the tax returns? Does she put the same numbers as my dad did on his I-864 because they file taxes jointly?

Thanks,
Soniya
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soniya2
Hello Noorah,

Thanks so much for your quick response. Like you said, I too think that at this point it's just best to give them whatever they are asking for.

Okay, so my mum will put 0 for her individual income on Form I-864A. How about the tax returns? Does she put the same numbers as my dad did on his I-864 because they file taxes jointly?

Thanks,
Soniya
I"m sorry, I haven't looked at an I-864A to see what's requested on it. Remember that her I-864A is just to show she lives in the same household as your dad, and is contributing her income to his I-864 (even thought it's zero...lol).

Rene
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

I"m sorry, I haven't looked at an I-864A to see what's requested on it. Remember that her I-864A is just to show she lives in the same household as your dad, and is contributing her income to his I-864 (even thought it's zero...lol).

Rene
Seems a bit odd. Does this always happen if the Joint Sponsor is married (even if they are not including their spouse's income on the I-864)?
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by californian
Seems a bit odd. Does this always happen if the Joint Sponsor is married (even if they are not including their spouse's income on the I-864)?
No, I have never seen this happen before, from my readings on this forum. It is odd.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I have never seen this happen before, from my readings on this forum. It is odd.
Thanks.