i-864 Question

Old May 20th 2016, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-864 Question

Originally Posted by littledorrit
But (luckily) our house sells the day before my interview. So the money should have (just) hit our account
You seem very concerned about this, even though it's been pointed out that assets need to be liquidable within a year. You don't need to have the cash on hand at the time the I-864 is submitted... and whether it's there at that moment or not isn't a deal breaker.

Ian
Old May 20th 2016, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! Do you think that we will have provided enough evidence of 'intent to domicile' that we may qualify without a joint sponsor?
We just did the process using assets and it was fine. They didn't even question intent to domicile at all. I was concerned about it so gave my husband emails I sent to our estate agent about moving and quotes from movers, but they didn't ask for anything.
Old May 20th 2016, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

agent welsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jess5377
We just did the process using assets and it was fine. They didn't even question intent to domicile at all. I was concerned about it so gave my husband emails I sent to our estate agent about moving and quotes from movers, but they didn't ask for anything.
That's great to know. Thanks
Old May 23rd 2016, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

neiljbx is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im married to a us citizen we both live in the uk, both on uk income, my wife has a brother in the usa but we will be living with other family, all in the same state thou, so can the wife's brother be my sponsor on the I-864? even thou my wife is my petitioner ?
Old May 24th 2016, 12:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neiljbx
hi im married to a us citizen we both live in the uk, both on uk income, my wife has a brother in the usa but we will be living with other family, all in the same state thou, so can the wife's brother be my sponsor on the I-864? even thou my wife is my petitioner ?
He can be a joint sponsor if he meets the financial requirements.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 24th 2016 at 1:03 am.
Old May 24th 2016, 12:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neiljbx
... we will be living with other family, all in the same state...
US immigration has no interest in where you live, or with whom.

... can the wife's brother be my sponsor on the I-864? even thou my wife is my petitioner ?
To clarify, your wife is your sponsor - as the USC spouse she must be, and there is no option for her not to be. Your brother-in-law will be a joint sponsor. The two terms are not interchangeable. That said, as Rene notes, if he has sufficient income, he can be a joint sponsor. The specific $$ amounts are in the 125% column on form I-864P. He must earn sufficient income to cover his household size + you!

Ian
Old May 24th 2016, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

littledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jess5377
That's good to know. I was less concerned about the financial requirements (knowing house can be used as the asset), but was concerned about the domicile part...
Old May 30th 2016, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question for you guys,

If I use the equity in my property to check the right boxes on the I-864 can the value of the property be from an estate agent as long as I get it in writing?

Many Thanks
Old May 30th 2016, 5:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. You should include an estimate of the property value, plus proof of your equity in the home.

Rene
Old May 30th 2016, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

littledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - one more question...
If we are using assets - equity of the house. If the house is in joint ownership do we need to include both me and my husband in the asset section of the I-864? and split the amount 50/50 between us - with the total at the end?
Thanks
Old May 30th 2016, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

If the house is in joint ownership do we need to include both me and my husband in the asset section of the I-864?
No. You're married... therefore, from US immigration's POV, your assets are all jointly owned regardless of what any deed might say. IOW, his assets are your assets.

... and split the amount 50/50 between us - with the total at the end?
No.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; May 30th 2016 at 11:20 pm.
Old May 30th 2016, 11:58 pm

Hi - one more question...
If we are using assets - equity of the house. If the house is in joint ownership do we need to include both me and my husband in the asset section of the I-864? and split the amount 50/50 between us - with the total at the end?
Thanks
No. The asset amount goes under the USC's assets.

Rene
Old May 31st 2016, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone!
Old May 31st 2016, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

carlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of light

One more question on this subject...

When providing details of the equity being used I've got mortgage statements and estate agent valuation. Are these enough for 'Proof of ownership'?

I say this because the deeds showing ownership of the house are held by the mortgage company until the balance is paid off so we wouldn't be expected to have these, would we?!?

This could just be last-minute panic as my interview is Thursday so any calming advice welcome!
Old May 31st 2016, 12:58 pm

What you have should be fine.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.