Wikiposts

I-864 question

Old May 14th 2009, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

GRF58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 question

I thought you could fill this form out in pen and you take it to the interview but I see at this site that it should be filled out online and mailed in. Can someone please tell me which is the case? Thank you very much. This is for an Immigrant visa to the US.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3197.html

Just found this:

Important Notice
If the immigrant visa petition was filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services at the Embassy in London and your application is being processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit, you are required to bring the I-864 and supporting documents to the visa interview.

I get so panicky, but I found out the info. Sorry and thanks.

Last edited by GRF58; May 14th 2009 at 3:07 am. Reason: Update
Old May 14th 2009, 3:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 question

Originally Posted by GRF58
I thought you could fill this form out in pen and you take it to the interview but I see at this site that it should be filled out online and mailed in. Can someone please tell me which is the case? Thank you very much. This is for an Immigrant visa to the US.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3197.html

Just found this:

Important Notice
If the immigrant visa petition was filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services at the Embassy in London and your application is being processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit, you are required to bring the I-864 and supporting documents to the visa interview.

I get so panicky, but I found out the info. Sorry and thanks.
If the I-130 was filed in the USA, then at some point the NVC will ask for the I-864 and it will be mailed back in to NVC (not submitted online).

If the I-130 was filed in your home country, then the I-864 gets submitted at the time of the visa interview (not submitted online).

As for filling it out, you can either print a blank form and fill it in by hand with a pen....or you can use a fillable form, fill it out online, and then print out the final copy.

Rene
Old May 14th 2009, 4:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 question

I had to look back at your old posts to see what you're doing (DCF).
Since you have petitioned overseas, your I-864 goes with you to the interview.

The first link in my signature might be helpful to you.