Wikiposts

I-864 question

Old May 13th 2009, 4:33 am
Just Joined

blastie1 is just really niceblastie1 is just really niceblastie1 is just really niceblastie1 is just really niceblastie1 is just really niceblastie1 is just really niceblastie1 is just really niceblastie1 is just really nice
Default I-864 question

Hi

I seem to have hit a wall with a relatively simple (I'm sure) question. I think I'm getting more confused the more I read over it.

It's when I get to Part 3 question 8, beneath the box and statement that reads, 'I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in part 2 above'. There is a box for 'Yes' and a box for 'No (Applicable in cases with two joint sponsors)'.
So the question is what are these boxes for and which, if any, should we select? It seems as though the Yes box serves the same purpose as the box on the first line of the question.

I hope I've explained that well enough.

FYI - Entered on K1, now married and filing for AOS.

Thnks
Old May 13th 2009, 4:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 question

Originally Posted by blastie1
Hi

I seem to have hit a wall with a relatively simple (I'm sure) question. I think I'm getting more confused the more I read over it.

It's when I get to Part 3 question 8, beneath the box and statement that reads, 'I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in part 2 above'. There is a box for 'Yes' and a box for 'No (Applicable in cases with two joint sponsors)'.
So the question is what are these boxes for and which, if any, should we select? It seems as though the Yes box serves the same purpose as the box on the first line of the question.

Thnks
If you are sponsoring the immigrant you named in Part 2, then check yes.

If you are sponsoring someone else not named in Part 2, then check no.

Rene
Old May 13th 2009, 4:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 question

b,

If more than one family members are immigrating, and a Joint Sponsor is required, there can be different Joint Sponsor for each immigrant - up to a total of two Joint Sponsors - if one Joint Sponsor cannot qualify to cover all of the immigrants.

Let's say that there are two immigrants, a spouse and a stepchild, and one Joint Sponsor cannot qualify to sponsor both. The Joint Sponsor who is for the stepchild is not sponsoring the principal immigrant (the principal immigrant being the wife).

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by blastie1
Hi

Thnks