I-864 query

Old May 20th 2016, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

crabcakeface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 query

I am a UK/US citizen and I am petitioning for my husband's visa. We both currently live and work in the UK and both intend to get jobs when we move to US. My Mother lives in the US and we will most likely stay with her whilst we look for jobs.

I'm confused about the I-864 as I have listed myself as the sponsor and detailed my current employment and income in the UK. However this won't apply upon moving to US as we don't have jobs lined up. Would I have to get my Mother to be a joint sponsor??

Thanks,
Old May 20th 2016, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 query

You can either use a joint sponsor (doesn't have to be your mother, but can be if you like), or use your own assets (cash in the bank, property) if the value is 3x what is lacking in income.

Rene
Old May 20th 2016, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 query

Originally Posted by crabcakeface
I am a UK/US citizen and I am petitioning for my husband's visa. We both currently live and work in the UK and both intend to get jobs when we move to US. My Mother lives in the US and we will most likely stay with her whilst we look for jobs.

I'm confused about the I-864 as I have listed myself as the sponsor and detailed my current employment and income in the UK. However this won't apply upon moving to US as we don't have jobs lined up. Would I have to get my Mother to be a joint sponsor??

Thanks,
No you cannot use your current UK income.