Wikiposts

I-864 Queries

Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:49 am
Just Joined

peterthompson81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 Queries

Hi,

I'm nearly there, one last hurdle, thanks to everyone in this community who has been helpful so far.

For Background, my wife lives and works in the UK with me and has done for the last 18months.

1. These may be my last questions.

1. My wife who is sponsoring me has yet to file her US tax return for 2012, and we expect an interview date soon. Does she need to file it before the filling in the I-864 (we were planning on filing an extension and submitting when we got over there and could get proper advice). Can we provide 2011 and 2010 along with payslips to document this year. The advice says your most recent tax return, however as it is not yet due we have not submitted the 2012 return even though the year has past. (and if anyone has any advice on submitting a return then please let us know she is well below the amount at which she would need to pay US tax)

2.On the I-864 does she report her current UK income even though we know she will give the job up before we leave, we don't need it as the joint sponsor (her Dad) meet the criteria easily. If so what exchange rate do you use.

Thanks a lot

Peter
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 Queries

Originally Posted by peterthompson81
1. My wife who is sponsoring me has yet to file her US tax return for 2012, and we expect an interview date soon. Does she need to file it before the filling in the I-864
No.

Can we provide 2011 and 2010 along with payslips to document this year.
2009, 2010, and 2011, plus current pay stubs, yes.

The advice says your most recent tax return, however as it is not yet due we have not submitted the 2012 return even though the year has past.
Right, it says the most recent tax return. If 2012 hasn't yet been submitted, the most recent one will be 2011.

2.On the I-864 does she report her current UK income even though we know she will give the job up before we leave
Yes.

we don't need it as the joint sponsor (her Dad) meet the criteria easily. If so what exchange rate do you use.
You can use something online such as www.xe.com

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:33 am
Just Joined

peterthompson81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-864 Queries

Thanks a lot Noorah, a great help. Once I get through I will be sure to document my experience so its recorded on the site.