Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-864 part 1 AOS from K1 sense check

I-864 part 1 AOS from K1 sense check

Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really nice
Default I-864 part 1 AOS from K1 sense check

Good afternoon all,

Im looking for a sanity check on I-864 question 1, basis for filing affidavit of support. My husband (USC) was the original and only sponsor of my K1 visa and his income is sufficient to meet the I-864 requirements. He is the only sponsor for my AOS. When looking through the different answers to question 1, answers b-c are not applicable for him to select, leaving only answer a 'I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative.'

However, the instructions to the I-864 refer to option a being for someone who has filed or is filling an I-130 or I-600, neither of which are true since I-130 is not required for K1 AOS.

Im guessing that option a is correct for our case despite what the instructions say since there is no 'other' box to tick?
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 part 1 AOS from K1 sense check

Originally Posted by Fingers crossed View Post
Good afternoon all,

Im looking for a sanity check on I-864 question 1, basis for filing affidavit of support. My husband (USC) was the original and only sponsor of my K1 visa and his income is sufficient to meet the I-864 requirements. He is the only sponsor for my AOS. When looking through the different answers to question 1, answers b-c are not applicable for him to select, leaving only answer a 'I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative.'

However, the instructions to the I-864 refer to option a being for someone who has filed or is filling an I-130 or I-600, neither of which are true since I-130 is not required for K1 AOS.

Im guessing that option a is correct for our case despite what the instructions say since there is no 'other' box to tick?
That is correct, he was the I-129F petitioner. He filed for the immigration of his relative.

Rene
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

He is the petitioner. He filed an I-129F petition for you. That's it

You'll find that K1's are a "step-child" and instructions aren't written to them, nor driver license laws, or many other things.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really nice

thanks guys