I-864: Income Requirement

Wikiposts

I-864: Income Requirement

Old Dec 19th 2008, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

mahema is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864: Income Requirement

Dear Lovely Members,

My sisters got her interview already. But she hasn't got her visa yet.
The Consular said the Sponsor can't qualify.

Her sponsor's 2007 earning is below income requirement.
He used 2008 earning as his current income in the affidavit of support because it is sufficient. He also wrote a note to consular, but they didn't accept it.

I wonder should he wait till January 2009 and then he file the affidavit of support again ? Can he do that ?

Could you tell me how we solve this issue ?

Waiting for your reply ...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 2:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864: Income Requirement

If the sponsor is currently earning the right amount for 2008, I suppose they can wait and use the 2008 income tax return (which should be the right amount) plus the 2009 earnings next year.

Probably a quicker and better way to go would be for your sister to get a joint sponsor. Any US PR or USC, age 18 and over, living in the USA, can be a joint sponsor. The joint sponsor must meet the income requirement for his own household size plus the immigrant.

See www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, Form I-864 and I-864P for the form and guidelines.

Rene