Wikiposts

I-864 income question

Old Mar 23rd 2003, 6:41 pm
Life is good!

Tbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 income question

Hi

OK, I hope this is not a dumb question, but is the income listed on the I-864 before or after deductions? That is, do we take the figure straight off the W-2 or use the final adjusted amount from the tax return? Our need for a joint sponsor depends on the answer to this question.

Thanks

Anthony
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: I-864 income question

Originally posted by Tbone
Hi

OK, I hope this is not a dumb question, but is the income listed on the I-864 before or after deductions? That is, do we take the figure straight off the W-2 or use the final adjusted amount from the tax return? Our need for a joint sponsor depends on the answer to this question.

Thanks

Anthony
Hi,

I believe it's the unadjusted income.

Hope this helps

Kat and Chris
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Tbone
Hi

Thanks

Anthony
Hi:

Not a dumb question at all. Use the "Gross Income" figure. Do NOT use "Adjusted Gross Income". Do NOT use "Taxable Income."
Old Mar 24th 2003, 1:06 am
Life is good!

Tbone is an unknown quantity at this point

THANK YOU!! <breathing a huge sigh of relief> :-)

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Not a dumb question at all. Use the "Gross Income" figure. Do NOT use "Adjusted Gross Income". Do NOT use "Taxable Income."