Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-864 Help Please! I am so confused!

Wikiposts

I-864 Help Please! I am so confused!

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough
Default I-864 Help Please! I am so confused!

I am either thick or just very confused, can anyone help?

I am the USC filling on behalf of hubby. We have two young children who already hold joint UK/USC. Do they need seperate I-864 or I-864W??

Hubby also has two older children from previous relationship who are not immigrating at the momment since still at school and mother will not allow them to leave yet. As far as I can make out they do not need I-864 but they do need to be included in the household size, is that correct?

Many thanks for any help.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 Help Please! I am so confused!

Originally Posted by chrisncarla
We have two young children who already hold joint UK/USC. Do they need seperate I-864 or I-864W??
No, these 2 children do not need I-864's (because they are USC's already), but if they will be living with you in the USA, you need to list them as part of the household size.

Hubby also has two older children from previous relationship who are not immigrating at the momment since still at school and mother will not allow them to leave yet. As far as I can make out they do not need I-864 but they do need to be included in the household size, is that correct?
These 2 children do not need I-864's either because they will not be immigrating. They also are not part of YOUR household (you aren't financially responsible for them, and they will not be living in your household), so don't count them as part of the household size.

That's how I would do it, anyway.

Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 Help Please! I am so confused!

Just thought I'd add that the way I see it, you will be filing just ONE I-864 (for your husband's Immigrant Visa). On it, you will list your household size as 4 (you, your 2 USC children, and the immigrant).

Rene