i-864 help

Old Nov 10th 2020, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

camperabroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-864 help

Hi - new poster on here. In the process of completing the i-864 form, I am a UK citizen, spouse US citizen. Both living and working in UK, and we filed DCF, I-130 approved, so getting all docs together.

the plan was for us to meet the requirements from our savings as neither of us have a job in the US yet. Between my wife savings account (majority of funds held in a stock account - currently as a balance and not in any stocks) and our UK savings account we have more than 3x poverty guidelines. Where it asks about sponsors employment and income, do we leave that blank or include my wife current UK job and income? Is it oK to use savings in my name which are currently in the UK? Wanted to clarify this now, incase we need to move funds to wifes account.

thanks
Old Nov 10th 2020, 8:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-864 help

1. Go ahead and list wife's income, since the question asks for it.
2. Yes, when married, assets are considered joint no matter whose name they are in.

Rene