Reload this Page >

I-864 financial documents

I-864 financial documents

Old Jul 31st 2019, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Nsb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 financial documents

Hello
Sorry if this has been posted before. I’m USC filing for my UKC husband. Married 20 years.
How far back do they want me to have of our/my financial documents for the interview ( bank statements, Assets etc)?
Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2019, 11:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864 financial documents

6 months to a year.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2019, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Donjamin is an unknown quantity at this point

It varies. In our case (just approved today) the only financial document they were interested in at interview stage was the latest tax transcript. Although we had submitted latest bank statements and tax transcripts as part of our i-130. Key point, get your tax transcripts!
Old Aug 1st 2019, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

alilbabba is an unknown quantity at this point

Donjamin - I saw your post about IRS no longer faxing. Any idea how long it takes to get transcripts by mail (over to UK)?
Old Aug 1st 2019, 4:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donjamin
It varies. In our case (just approved today) the only financial document they were interested in at interview stage was the latest tax transcript. Although we had submitted latest bank statements and tax transcripts as part of our i-130. Key point, get your tax transcripts!
Yes, this is true and it is the pinned read me post on this forum.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alilbabba
Donjamin - I saw your post about IRS no longer faxing. Any idea how long it takes to get transcripts by mail (over to UK)?
If you're in the majority and unable to set-up an IRS account, best bet is to request over the phone. It will take 3+ weeks to arrive.

When we went for our interview we had transcripts for 2 of the last 3 years and the 1040 for 2018 which they wouldn't accept as ultimately that in and of itself doesn't confirm a properly executed tax return. Following the refusal pending the transcript, we e-mailed over the 2018 1040 form along with IRS payment confirmation for taxes owed and bank statement confirming this. They were happy to accept this as we were otherwise faced with waiting 3 weeks. A unique circumstance I'm sure so best to have your ducks in a row.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

I’m fortunate that I have family in the US so I just had them mailed our tax transcripts to my parents house and they mailed them to me.
If you know someone you can trust in the US you can do the same .
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nsb25
I’m fortunate that I have family in the US so I just had them mailed our tax transcripts to my parents house and they mailed them to me.
If you know someone you can trust in the US you can do the same .
Glad to hear that worked for you. I asked them if they would divert to my fathers address and they were adamant they could only send to the address where I filed from.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

We file our taxes with my parents address as that is our permanent address for all of our US financial dealings.

Sorry you can’t do that !!!

I guess you will just have to request them be sent to you in the UK. Hopefully it won’t put you behind on your process.
Good luck on your journey!! 🤞👍