I-864

Old Apr 26th 2018, 9:54 am
Just Joined

CaptainTom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864

Morning folks!

First off, this place has been incredibly helpful the last few months. I've been able to find all the info I need up to now, so thank you.

Where I'm at... I-130 approved and I've recently filed my DS-260 to London and have the medical booked in a couple of weeks.

The I-864. My wife doesn't have an income and has been living over here for about 8 years now, and hasn't filed a US tax return for ages. My current income isn't going to continue in the US.

How much of a problem is this going to cause me?

My father in law meets the requirements and is happy to do it. Does my wife still need to complete an affidavit as she's my petitioner? Or can I just have my father in-law do it?

Thanks in advance. I'm super excited about moving to California, and hoping we can make it happen this year.

Tom
Old Apr 26th 2018, 12:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864

Your wife still needs to complete an I-864.

If she hasn't worked at all and had zero income, she wasn't required to file US tax returns. If she was working in the UK and earning UK income, she should have been filing US tax returns to report worldwide income.

Her father will be a joint sponsor and will complete a separate I-864 package.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

CaptainTom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-864

Wonderful. Thanks for the clarification Rene.

She's been a stay at home mom pretty much since she moved here, so no income to report.