I-797B Question

Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Victorinox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-797B Question

Hello All,

I am new to this thread. I had my H1-B interview at the embassy in London today. I have been on a bit of a high. Going through my documents, however, I have discovered page 1 of my original I-797B is missing.

Do they normally retain this ?

I am hoping I have not lost it.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of
Default Re: I-797B Question

We didn't take the original, just the emailed copy from our attorney, this was returned with our passports

HTH

Vicki
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:03 am
Just Joined

simon_pieman is just really nicesimon_pieman is just really nicesimon_pieman is just really nicesimon_pieman is just really nicesimon_pieman is just really nicesimon_pieman is just really nicesimon_pieman is just really nicesimon_pieman is just really nice

With us, they hung on to out I797B, then it came back with the passports the following week. I was a bit worried myself when I realised they'd kept it, but you'll get it back.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Victorinox is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: I-797B Question

Thank you for this

I just got a bit worried when I couldn't find it but had no recollection of them actually taking it. They must have done so at some stage because I was quite meticulous in preparing and had everything filed in order; I am also quite sure I didnt drop it as it was in the middle of all my documents.

It must have been in the brief few seconds when I was sorting out my over coat, which was on the floor. Anyway, much like others here, the interview was rather anticlimactic; after the weeks of preparation, emails, UPS deliveries etc and he only asked me 3 questions !

Anyone in the Twin cities ? Will hopefully be heading there in Jan.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:10 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Twin Cities in January? Brrrrrr! Pack your thermals