Wikiposts

I-797, what is this?

Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of
Default I-797, what is this?

My husband and I and my 18 year old son recieve I-797 notice of appointment, What is this? and why my 11 year old son did not receive this notice and appointment at all.
What are is next after this appointment?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:01 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-797, what is this?

Originally Posted by abboy
My husband and I and my 18 year old son recieve I-797 notice of appointment, What is this? and why my 11 year old son did not receive this notice and appointment at all.
Are you talking about a biometrics appointment?

I expect your son's will follow.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What have you filed with USCIS? Is the notice for an appointment for biometrics? An appointment for green card interview? It's hard to tell what you mean by "appointment" when we don't know what benefit you are seeking.

Not everyone's NOA gets the same attention. They are all treated as separate applications.

Rene
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

We filed I-485 with the USCIS, it does mentioned about biometrics.

But my 11 year old son did not received any notice. Only the three of us.

What is next after biometric?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:52 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

We filed I-485 with the USCIS, it does mentioned about biometrics.

But my 11 year old son did not received any notice. Only the three of us.

What is next after biometric?
I'm sure your son will receive a notice in due course.

After you've had you biometrics done, you wait...

At some point you may get notices to appear for interview. However, if yours are employment-based AOS applications, it is possible that you may be approved without interview.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
I'm sure your son will receive a notice in due course.

After you've had you biometrics done, you wait...

At some point you may get notices to appear for interview. However, if yours are employment-based AOS applications, it is possible that you may be approved without interview.

We are EB AOS, Is it common that children are fingerprinted later? Just worry that they have overlook my son application.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We are EB AOS, Is it common that children are fingerprinted later? Just worry that they have overlook my son application.
Yes, it's possible for people within the same family to have different immigration timelines.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2007, 12:14 am
Homebody

If your son's appointment still hasn't arrived in a week or so, you might want to ring up USCIS or make an Infopass appointment to check whether it was sent.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks,

I will wait for a week or two and check with them if its still does not arrive.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:46 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

I will wait for a week or two and check with them if its still does not arrive.
Our childrens appointments for biometrics arrived exactly 1 week after our own, so no need to worry yet.