Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-797 son's not received

Wikiposts

I-797 son's not received

Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:05 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-797 son's not received

Anyone had a situation where your I-797 have arrived (greencard approval notice) but one of your children's hasn't.

We checked his case number and nothing is showing on the USCIS website. We also tried calling them and they tell us exactly what is on the website and nothing more. He is 14 and went for fingerprints. Our fingerprints were done in Sept 2004 and showed up on the website info within a few days. His hasn't even shown that he has been sent for fingerprints! He went a couple of weeks ago, we got notice for him to go over a month ago. In less than two weeks of his fingerprints we received all I-797's except our 14 year olds.

The funny thing is, I have actually received two I-797's in my name, everyone else in the family just have one each and none for eldest son. Checked the numbers to make sure one didn't have his number on and they don't.

Anyone that can give us info. or help on this we would really appreciate it.

thanks
Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:50 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-797 son's not received

Originally Posted by Ben
Anyone had a situation where your I-797 have arrived (greencard approval notice) but one of your children's hasn't.

We checked his case number and nothing is showing on the USCIS website. We also tried calling them and they tell us exactly what is on the website and nothing more. He is 14 and went for fingerprints. Our fingerprints were done in Sept 2004 and showed up on the website info within a few days. His hasn't even shown that he has been sent for fingerprints! He went a couple of weeks ago, we got notice for him to go over a month ago. In less than two weeks of his fingerprints we received all I-797's except our 14 year olds.

The funny thing is, I have actually received two I-797's in my name, everyone else in the family just have one each and none for eldest son. Checked the numbers to make sure one didn't have his number on and they don't.

Anyone that can give us info. or help on this we would really appreciate it.

thanks
my son had his fingerprints done seperate to mine, his did not show up on the web site, his greencard arrived about 2months after his fingerprints where done.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:52 pm
Ingo Pakleppa

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Ben wrote:
    | Anyone had a situation where your I-797 have arrived (greencard approval
    | notice) but one of your children's hasn't.

It is not uncommon for the I-485s for a family to get separated and
approved at different times. Nothing to worry about right now. If the GC
is still not approved in about six months, I would start inquiring.

- --
Remember, I am strictly a layperson without any legal training. I
encourage everybody to seek competent legal counsel rather than
relying on usenet newsgroups.

Please visit my new FAQ at http://www.kkeane.com (always under
construction)

My email address in usenet posts is now invalid for Spam protection.
See my Web site for information on how to contact me.

Please feel free to enjoy some of my photographs at my Web site
http://www.ingopakleppa.com ! Comments are welcome.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFCOUVNyUlVTFdHXskRAnrAAJ47ld1Uuq800ky7pgtPON vx0RbA0QCdGUgc
ZG4NfY1xXVi/057nm551jPM=
=iOJE
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:14 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much both of you. That is a great help