Wikiposts

I-797 Approval Notice

Old Dec 9th 2002, 12:06 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-797 Approval Notice

Hi, peeps!!!!!

Corey got our approval notice today. Yay, yay, and just for luck, more yay!!!!!!!!!!!
Now.......I have a bit of a dilemma. We can either send the notice to London and have them schedule an interview that way, or we can wait on TSC to send the approved file via snail mail.

I've heard reports that snail mail doesn't always take long, due to the circumstances at the time, ie, the volume of mail going to the consulate. However, there's absolutely no way of knowing how long it will actually take, so I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm reluctant to send the notice, as we need it for AOS, and the lady I spoke to at INS said that all the offices will take a copy. I've also heard that this isn't true.
I'm certain I'll be filing at the Miami office, but I can't find out if they'll take a copy, as they don't have a number for the general public to ring.

Anyone who's been following our case knows how impatient I am (LOL!!!!) and I know London would try to fit us in before Christmas if we send the notice, but I'm really worried I'll have problems later. Although I can't say enough good things about London, they haven't a clue what happens to the notice after the POE.

It'll take a couple of days through UPS for it to get here anyway, so that's kills a bit of time, but I didn't want to wait too long for TSC to send the file, and maybe miss out on an early interview date. HELP!!!!!!!!
Abba48uk said that he got his back in his hand, but they told me in their email they would put it in the sealed envelope. I'm assuming the envelope will make it's way to Miami eventually, but how do I file for AOS without it?

I have my headless chicken thing going on again, but don't worry!!! I'm always best when I'm panicking!!!!!!!
Any advice or experiences with this would be very welcome!!
Kate. xxxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Dec 9th 2002 at 12:13 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2002, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

They will all take a copy for filing. And 90% of them will ask to see the original at the time of the interview.

Rete
Old Dec 9th 2002, 6:30 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
They will all take a copy for filing. And 90% of them will ask to see the original at the time of the interview.

Rete
Thanks, Rete!!!
Phew!!! At least they'll take it for the filing!!! If they are one of the 90%, I'm assuming they'd have the envelope by then, so they'd have the original already? Oo-er!!! Things are happening very fast now!!! Yipeeeeeee!!!
Kate. xxxx