Wikiposts

I-765 Questions

Old Dec 13th 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Northwest-AL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-765 Questions

Hey Everybody,

I'm here in the US on a L1 visa and have recently married a USC. I'm currently working through all the forms required to file an AOS and I have some questions on the I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization).

1 - The form asks what "I am applying for - Permission to accept employment or a Renewal of my permission to accept employment"

Do I select the first option because this is the first I-765 I have filed or do Select the renewal option because my current L1 visa counts as an EAD?

2- Question 11 on the form asks if I have ever applied for employment authorization from USCIS, would my answer be yes because I did so when I applied for my L1 visa? and also does my old J1 visa count as an employment authorization?

3- Question 14 on the form asks "manner of last entry", Am I right in thinking the answer would be "Non-immigrant visa L1"?

4- Question 15 on the form asks "current immigration status", would this also be "Non-immigrant visa L1"?

Thanks for reading.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 7:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765 Questions

Originally Posted by Northwest-AL
Do I select the first option because this is the first I-765 I have filed...
Yes.

Question 11 on the form asks if I have ever applied for employment authorization from USCIS...
You haven't. The L-1 includes authorization, therefore you had no need to apply separately for it.

Question 14 on the form asks "manner of last entry", Am I right in thinking the answer would be "Non-immigrant visa L1"?
"L-1" is sufficient.

Question 15 on the form asks "current immigration status", would this also be "Non-immigrant visa L1"?
"L-1", yes.

Ian