Wikiposts

I-765 issues

Old Dec 19th 2005, 1:45 pm
Jezebelle

jezebelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-765 issues

Was wondering if anyone might be willing to tell me what they think happened here....

We filed our I-765 at Chicago lockbox with the 485 and 131. They sent us a receipt notice of 8/12/05. We rec'd our 131 papers in in November. My husband went for fingerprinting on 11/5/05. After we returned from our honeymoon on 11/20/05, we called as still no I-765. We were told to put in an inquiry and to use InfoPass for a in-person interview for temp I-765 as they were processing applications at that time for more than 30 days out from our receipt date.

My husband went for the I765 InfoPass appt on 11/12/05. He was told that our application was approved on 10/21/05 but could not be released as his fingerprints were not there yet. they saisd that was strange as usually they would not approve something and then hold it. He came in on a K1 visa to marry me( I am the USC). He would have gone earlier for the fingerprinting but the letter asked him to come on 11/5/05. Meanwhile, they made him sit at the office on the day he was trying to get the temp I765 for 3 hours and finally told him to call the number for NBC as they could not issue the I765 temporary. He came home, called NBC, and they said he needs to wait until 1/5/06 to wait 60 days for an inquiry on the fingerprinting and to find out where they have gone to. We still had our inquiry in about the original I765 not being rec'd. Should we call again to follow up on this original I765 inquiry or do we need to wait another 30 or 60 days to call again?

We just noticed on the site that they are processing applications for 485 at Newark (our local office ) for January 2005. We received our I-485 interview scheduled for 2/9/06???? Our receipt date is 8/12/05 for this one too.

Anyone out there? Any replies or thoughts would be great!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:14 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765 issues

Originally Posted by jezebelle
Was wondering if anyone might be willing to tell me what they think happened here....

We filed our I-765 at Chicago lockbox with the 485 and 131. They sent us a receipt notice of 8/12/05. We rec'd our 131 papers in in November. My husband went for fingerprinting on 11/5/05. After we returned from our honeymoon on 11/20/05, we called as still no I-765. We were told to put in an inquiry and to use InfoPass for a in-person interview for temp I-765 as they were processing applications at that time for more than 30 days out from our receipt date.

My husband went for the I765 InfoPass appt on 11/12/05. He was told that our application was approved on 10/21/05 but could not be released as his fingerprints were not there yet. they saisd that was strange as usually they would not approve something and then hold it. He came in on a K1 visa to marry me( I am the USC). He would have gone earlier for the fingerprinting but the letter asked him to come on 11/5/05. Meanwhile, they made him sit at the office on the day he was trying to get the temp I765 for 3 hours and finally told him to call the number for NBC as they could not issue the I765 temporary. He came home, called NBC, and they said he needs to wait until 1/5/06 to wait 60 days for an inquiry on the fingerprinting and to find out where they have gone to. We still had our inquiry in about the original I765 not being rec'd. Should we call again to follow up on this original I765 inquiry or do we need to wait another 30 or 60 days to call again?

We just noticed on the site that they are processing applications for 485 at Newark (our local office ) for January 2005. We received our I-485 interview scheduled for 2/9/06???? Our receipt date is 8/12/05 for this one too.

Hey there
I am sorry to hear you are having such big trouble with your husband's employment application, what a mess!
Maybe you should go to the local office again?. Contact your congressman??
I am filing my renewal pretty soon, My original employment card took 6 months and 2 weeks to get approved, and about 7 months to receive it, my congressman intervened otherwise I would still be waiting!!
Hang in there!!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Congratulations in reciept of the 485 adjustment date.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:23 am
Jezebelle

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there
I am sorry to hear you are having such big trouble with your husband's employment application, what a mess!
Maybe you should go to the local office again?. Contact your congressman??
I am filing my renewal pretty soon, My original employment card took 6 months and 2 weeks to get approved, and about 7 months to receive it, my congressman intervened otherwise I would still be waiting!!
Hang in there!!

How do I find out who my congressman is in NJ? I apologise I am not that political. If you can direct me....that would be great!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

How do I find out who my congressman is in NJ? I apologise I am not that political. If you can direct me....that would be great!
Hi Jezebelle,

I don't know for sure, but here is a start: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ey+congressman

But my guess is you'll be having the AOS interview before (or at the same time as) you get the EAD straightened out.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:44 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.house.gov/writerep/
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:50 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
It is not about being political. Ray already gave you the link so good luck and please keep us updated!!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:21 pm
Jezebelle

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
It is not about being political. Ray already gave you the link so good luck and please keep us updated!!
Thanks so much! I wrote to the congressman. I will let you know what happens!