Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-765 isn't taken at my local office???

Wikiposts

I-765 isn't taken at my local office???

Old May 10th 2002, 2:20 pm
I Am The Walrus

Default I-765 isn't taken at my local office???

I was going to be mailing all the AOS forms for my wife tomorrow (I-485, I-130, I-864
& I-765) and when I was double checking everything I see on the INS site that my
local office, Manchester, NH, does not accept the I-765 & that I can only submit it
in person in Boston.

I know this will sound like a totally stupid question, but... is this right??? We
can't mail it to our local office? I don't quite understand why we couldn't mail
everything to one office in one nice neat package. I was all ready to go and then
spotted that on the INS website.

So, just to make sure - there is NO WAY I should send the I-765 to Manchester with
everything else, right?

Thanks!

Paul

Old May 13th 2002, 12:20 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: I-765 isn't taken at my local office???

Manchester is what is termed a satellite office. This means it doesn't have the full
range of "services" that the offices and sub-offices have. Usually they do interviews
at these offices, sometimes give out information but don't do much, if any, of the
actual processing.

Since the INS website says to file at Boston, that's what I would do.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "I am the Walrus"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I was going to be mailing all the AOS forms for my wife tomorrow (I-485, I-130,
    > I-864 & I-765) and when I was double checking everything I see on
the
    > INS site that my local office, Manchester, NH, does not accept the I-765 & that I
    > can only submit it in person in Boston.
    >
    > I know this will sound like a totally stupid question, but... is this right??? We
    > can't mail it to our local office? I don't quite understand why we couldn't mail
    > everything to one office in one nice neat package. I was all ready to go and then
    > spotted that on the INS website.
    >
    > So, just to make sure - there is NO WAY I should send the I-765 to Manchester with
    > everything else, right?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Paul