Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-765 Biometrics appointment given..now what ??

Wikiposts

I-765 Biometrics appointment given..now what ??

Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:39 am
Just Joined

rushour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-765 Biometrics appointment given..now what ??

Hey !! Hope this place can help me on this question too (as its done previously)

Current Situation :
I filed I-765 form online (no other form with it) to get an EAD,

Received the I-797C and consequently I-797 Biometrics appointment letter,

Attended the appointment (walked in actually before my actual date thanks to the help I received in here), gave my fingerprints etc.

And now.... to the question:
Do I wait for the EAD card or do I still have to submit any supporting documentation for I-765 as I filed online?

Waiting for your valuable inputs on this!
P.S : I am spouse of an L1 Intracompany transferee and as an L2, applying for EAD as work permit for me.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765 Biometrics appointment given..now what ??

YOu wait for the card. There's not a thing you need to do but open your mail box in about 2 or 3 weeks and there it will be.

OOOPS ! You only mention fingerprints. Didn't you have a picture taken as well? If not, then it wasn't for the I-765.

Originally Posted by rushour
Hey !! Hope this place can help me on this question too (as its done previously)

Current Situation :
I filed I-765 form online (no other form with it) to get an EAD,

Received the I-797C and consequently I-797 Biometrics appointment letter,

Attended the appointment (walked in actually before my actual date thanks to the help I received in here), gave my fingerprints etc.

And now.... to the question:
Do I wait for the EAD card or do I still have to submit any supporting documentation for I-765 as I filed online?

Waiting for your valuable inputs on this!
P.S : I am spouse of an L1 Intracompany transferee and as an L2, applying for EAD as work permit for me.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
YOu wait for the card. There's not a thing you need to do but open your mail box in about 2 or 3 weeks and there it will be.

OOOPS ! You only mention fingerprints. Didn't you have a picture taken as well? If not, then it wasn't for the I-765.
L-2s are different, and so is the online filing.. rushour, please do some searching on this forum for L-2 I-765 & online filing. I know it's been discussed, but I never retained the info.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete

Oh,I did have my photograph taken too. But as of now, I haven't mailed any documents to the USCIS. Was wondering whether that still needed to be done...
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:50 am
Just Joined

thecool is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh,I did have my photograph taken too. But as of now, I haven't mailed any documents to the USCIS. Was wondering whether that still needed to be done...
hi
i have also applied for EAD
have u mailed the documents
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

bilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Fellow L2 here.....yes yes and yes - send them now...if tehy get to your application and you haven't sent them - you'll get a RFE and it takes longer. There are many threads on what to send - but here's mine:

Photocopy of Visa Approval notice ( I 797?)
Photocopy of Spouse Visa Approval notice
Photocopy of visa page in BOTH passports
Photocopy of back and front of BOTH I-94
Photocopy of marriage cert ( my name differs - so not always sure if i was being over cautious)
2 US passport sized photos ( yes I know you had your photo taken already)
Personal check for the current fee.
The receipt page you got when you did the online submission.

You can see i'm pretty thorough.......

Hope this helps
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Thank you so very much for the information. And that too in such amazing detail! Thanks a lot! Am sure it will help many.
Fortunately I did already mail my supporting documents, as I didn't want to take a chance.
Unfortunately, I didn't mail across my husband's visa copy or marriage certificate or the photos.
Had you filed online too ?
I am hoping for the best and looking forward to it

Originally Posted by bilbos92
Hi,

Fellow L2 here.....yes yes and yes - send them now...if tehy get to your application and you haven't sent them - you'll get a RFE and it takes longer. There are many threads on what to send - but here's mine:

Photocopy of Visa Approval notice ( I 797?)
Photocopy of Spouse Visa Approval notice
Photocopy of visa page in BOTH passports
Photocopy of back and front of BOTH I-94
Photocopy of marriage cert ( my name differs - so not always sure if i was being over cautious)
2 US passport sized photos ( yes I know you had your photo taken already)
Personal check for the current fee.
The receipt page you got when you did the online submission.

You can see i'm pretty thorough.......

Hope this helps
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so very much for the information. And that too in such amazing detail! Thanks a lot! Am sure it will help many.
Fortunately I did already mail my supporting documents, as I didn't want to take a chance.
Unfortunately, I didn't mail across my husband's visa copy or marriage certificate or the photos.
Had you filed online too ?
I am hoping for the best and looking forward to it
If you didn't include the most pressing evidence (proof of husband's visa + marriage certificate) then the 'best' to hope for/expect is an RFE.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Hmmmmmm..
Old Apr 20th 2009, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Hey!! I've got a testimony and what better place to post it than the forum that helped me through!!
I got the notice saying that my EAD card has been approved and a mail that the card has been mailed to me!
Despite the lack of sufficient supporting docs as I found out pretty later ( as u can see above) But, the time I knew it, I got to my knees and asked the Lord(the bigger Boss) to intervene and voila! here it comes
Thanks to all for ur indispensable help!!! Thank u thank u thank u!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Got the EAD Card yesterday

Hey!! I've got a testimony and what better place to post it than the forum that helped me through!!
I got the notice saying that my EAD card has been approved and a mail that the card has been mailed to me!
Despite the lack of sufficient supporting docs as I found out pretty later ( as u can see above) But, the time I knew it, I got to my knees and asked the Lord(the bigger Boss) to intervene and voila! here it comes
Thanks to all for ur indispensable help!!! Thank u thank u thank u!
Old May 5th 2009, 6:16 am
Just Joined

thecool is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrates
how long it took to get the EAD ?
Old May 5th 2009, 6:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thecool
Congrates
how long it took to get the EAD ?
Considering his first post in this thread was made March 9, and he got the EAD April 23, I'd say it took a little under 7 weeks.

Rene
Old May 5th 2009, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Oh no. I applied on Feb 13. Got it in less than 3 months!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Considering his first post in this thread was made March 9, and he got the EAD April 23, I'd say it took a little under 7 weeks.

Rene