Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751's Approval- LPR STATUS begins WHEN?

Wikiposts

I-751's Approval- LPR STATUS begins WHEN?

Old Dec 27th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Default I-751's Approval- LPR STATUS begins WHEN?

After I-751's Approval, Alien becomes LPR since Second Annyversary of Marriage or Second Anniversary of CPR (AOS)?
Old Dec 27th 2003, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751's Approval- LPR STATUS begins WHEN?

Originally posted by AGUILA
After I-751's Approval, Alien becomes LPR since Second Annyversary of Marriage or Second Anniversary of CPR (AOS)?
Hi:

In order to file an I-751, you ALREADY must have been an LPR. LPR status started upon the grant of CPR. That does not change with the approval of an I-751.
Old Dec 27th 2003, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

In order to file an I-751, you ALREADY must have been an LPR. LPR status started upon the grant of CPR. That does not change with the approval of an I-751.
So I guess the plain and simple answer is that the new green card issued upon approval of I-751, will say Resident Since the same date of the Expired Conditional Green Card?
Old Dec 27th 2003, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AGUILA
So I guess the plain and simple answer is that the new green card issued upon approval of I-751, will say Resident Since the same date of the Expired Conditional Green Card?
No it should say Resident since the date of original approval of resdiency after the initial AOS interview which is what Mr. Folinskyinla said.

Rete
Old Dec 27th 2003, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Rete
No it should say Resident since the date of original approval of resdiency after the initial AOS interview which is what Mr. Folinskyinla said.

Rete
In my case the dates are the same - the date my passport was stamped following my AOS interview and the date on my green card.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 12:32 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
In my case the dates are the same - the date my passport was stamped following my AOS interview and the date on my green card.

Just to throw confusion into the mix, the date of the stamp is not always the date of approval. Jim's approval of 8/11 and the stamp was 9/29 and dated 9/29/00 to 9/28/01. But his green card came with the 8/11/00 date which was the date of approval.

Rete
Old Dec 28th 2003, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Rete
Just to throw confusion into the mix, the date of the stamp is not always the date of approval. Jim's approval of 8/11 and the stamp was 9/29 and dated 9/29/00 to 9/28/01. But his green card came with the 8/11/00 date which was the date of approval.

Rete
How did he get a stamp on 9/29 if his interview was on 8/11? Did he go back for the stamp?
Old Dec 28th 2003, 6:49 am
Concierge

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
How did he get a stamp on 9/29 if his interview was on 8/11? Did he go back for the stamp?
Actually the interview was in June, the file was still in the cave in Lee's Summitt, approval was in August and the stamp given in September. How's that was a mixed up interview?

Rete