Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 withdrawn. please help

Wikiposts

I-751 withdrawn. please help

Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 withdrawn. please help

Ya'll ain't old
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Ya'll ain't old
old or young its all relative. Hope we all get younger again...like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:14 am
Just Joined

ilmyw is an unknown quantity at this point

I fixed an appointment with immi lawyer on coming wednesday... as I am living in North Carolina.. divorce will not happen till we are legally seperated for 1 yr... so i guess i have to apply for waiver with mental cruelty...

I have all the docs that we filed for joint petion and more docs since last yr ( credit card...leases... utility bills.. car ins... phone bill...and pics...).. will these be enough with afadavit mentioning all the mental cruely or bad feeling i was going thru, but kept mum because i was giving her time to improve...
sometimes i think my resilient nature or being patient is helding up against me?

I recently recvd letter from USCIS that on march 16 they moved my case from Vermont to California. why is that again?

I rcvd one letter last month when they moved case to california, why again this letter??? something to do with widthrwal application she filed recently??? she filed for withdrwal around march 10...
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ilmyw
I recently recvd letter from USCIS that on march 16 they moved my case from Vermont to California. why is that again?
Service centers quite often send applications to other service centers when they get backlogged. It's nothing to worry about.

I rcvd one letter last month when they moved case to california, why again this letter??? something to do with widthrwal application she filed recently??? she filed for withdrwal around march 10...
If you got the same letter again, it's probably just a typical USCIS mistake. They obviously can't transfer your case from VSC to CSC twice.

Rene
Old Mar 29th 2009, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

I fixed an appointment with immi lawyer on coming wednesday... as I am living in North Carolina.. divorce will not happen till we are legally seperated for 1 yr... so i guess i have to apply for waiver with mental cruelty...

I have all the docs that we filed for joint petion and more docs since last yr ( credit card...leases... utility bills.. car ins... phone bill...and pics...).. will these be enough with afadavit mentioning all the mental cruely or bad feeling i was going thru, but kept mum because i was giving her time to improve...
sometimes i think my resilient nature or being patient is helding up against me?

Contact Mr. F for lawyer recommendations in your area. Someone without experience can bugger up a strong case without the proper defense and strategy. You need a virtuoso in 751 waivers mixed with a withdrawal and a complaint from the USC. Your evidence looks good. Dont worry about the files getting transferred. CIS does it all the time. The letter was sent by mistake as Noorah said.

Last edited by lostlove; Mar 29th 2009 at 2:40 am.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

See a lawyer -- it is not as bad as you think. You do not need her consent to start the divorce. You should do that ASAP.
would like to take ur recommendation for immi lawyer in Raleigh/Durham Area??

I just found bashyam and spiro online... any say about them???
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

would like to take ur recommendation for immi lawyer in Raleigh/Durham Area??

I just found bashyam and spiro online... any say about them???
Private message experienced posters with your concerns. This is not an open lawyer recommendation or denunciation forum.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lostlove
Private message experienced posters with your concerns. This is not an open lawyer recommendation or denunciation forum.
Hi all...

I am here after a long time...

I wanted to share my exp with original I751 case...

I recvd the green card on July 31,2009 in mail from her lawyer from original case ( for which she sent the withdrawal).

As my mailing add on application was my inlaws address so my original Green Card was sent to her home in Texas... my case was approved before she left me or sent the withdrawal request in march... and On July 16 2009 when i went for info pass appt for my mental cruelty extension stamp and bio metric appt.. officer told me the ur original case was approved in feb and card was mailed out in March itself and it was never returned back to uscis...

at the appt i got 1 yr extension stamp on my passport... plus info that original app was approved in feb and they mailed out green card to texas add in March....

so my inlaws were holding of my green card for 4-5 months before they sent it to me... i was not aware of this till i went for infopass appt...

then my lawyer was confused to widthraw the mental cruelty application or let it be go and get denied as i already have one green card... but we dint widthrwa the case and one week back.. on oct 23...i rcv email case update..thas my second mental cruelty case is also approved and they are sending the second green card...

so again i dont know what is this happening... as per my lawyer she was expecting the case to get denied as i already have green card... but this got approved.... and i have no idea what happned to my wife widthdrwal request...

please share your exp...

Thanks for all of your support when i was in distress...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

so my inlaws were holding of my green card for 4-5 months before they sent it to me... i was not aware of this till i went for infopass appt...
I'd be interested to know whether or not the letter was addressed to you. If it was, feel free to sue the inlaws... it's a federal offense to interfere with the timely delivery of mail.

Ian
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I agree.

Oh, you seem to have a fascination with bold font... your posts might be easier to read if you didn't use it... except perhaps for emphasis! Then your posts could really pack a punch - a lot like stinky socks!

Ian
Irrelevant to the poster but Ian I have now understood that BOLD fonts can be annoying. I was a new poster then.

And congrats ILM...

Last edited by lostlove; Nov 1st 2009 at 2:23 am. Reason: Append stuff
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all...

I am here after a long time...

I wanted to share my exp with original I751 case...

I recvd the green card on July 31,2009 in mail from her lawyer from original case ( for which she sent the withdrawal).

As my mailing add on application was my inlaws address so my original Green Card was sent to her home in Texas... my case was approved before she left me or sent the withdrawal request in march... and On July 16 2009 when i went for info pass appt for my mental cruelty extension stamp and bio metric appt.. officer told me the ur original case was approved in feb and card was mailed out in March itself and it was never returned back to uscis...

at the appt i got 1 yr extension stamp on my passport... plus info that original app was approved in feb and they mailed out green card to texas add in March....

then my lawyer was confused to widthraw the mental cruelty application or let it be go and get denied as i already have one green card... but we dint widthrwa the case and one week back.. on oct 23...i rcv email case update..thas my second mental cruelty case is also approved and they are sending the second green card...

so again i dont know what is this happening... as per my lawyer she was expecting the case to get denied as i already have green card... but this got approved.... and i have no idea what happned to my wife widthdrwal request...

please share your exp...

Thanks for all of your support when i was in distress...

This might sound immature on my part but if I was you I would have call the police on the inlaws for holding your green card, it is against the law and the GC is a property of the United States.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

One more thing, if they won't return your green card to you , report it as stolen, go to the police, report it lost/stolen file a police report and tell them who is holding your card they might be coming knocking on their door with handcuffs . What a bunch of idiots (your inlaws)
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostlove
I was a new poster then.
Well, you were a new poster in July 2007 and that post was from March 2009, so you were hardly a new poster! But hey... water under the bridge now!

Ian
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No comment.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by milan79
One more thing, if they won't return your green card to you , report it as stolen, go to the police, report it lost/stolen file a police report and tell them who is holding your card they might be coming knocking on their door with handcuffs . What a bunch of idiots (your inlaws)
so my inlaws were holding of my green card for 4-5 months before they sent it to me...
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

oops, didn't read that part were you said they returned it to you. Sorry