Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Waiver Interview & Follow Up

Wikiposts

I-751 Waiver Interview & Follow Up

Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Waiver Interview & Follow Up

all you have to do is wait. :-) I did and got my GC last week.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

durdu_lica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by milan79
all you have to do is wait. :-) I did and got my GC last week.
I know, but at least I need it in writing, that I was approved. I am not worried about the new GC.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I got an email, approval notice was mailed, but never got anything in mail, just the green card showed up like 5 days after that email.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Luckylefty is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a similar situation. i had my I-751 waiver interview(divorce) on 05/07/09, and the AO told me I would get the decision in the mail in 180days.

Then I went to get an extension stamp on 06/04 because my extension letter expired. To my suprise/excitement, the IO told me i was approved on 05/07( same day of the interview) but the GC request was not made. She put in the order,verified my address and said I should receive it in a few weeks. Also she gave me a stamp for 6months which shows me as IR6 and collected the expired card.

BTW, i received the "card production ordered" email yesterday which states the order was put in on 06/12.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:32 am
Just Joined

I just went there and they said I would not get a notification at all, since they sent my file back to the main office, where the production of the new GC will be ordered. So I got a stamp in my passport, eventhough I have the letter extending my status, anyway.

They said 3 months should be enough for the GC to arrive, but to go back if I don't get it by then.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Luckylefty... same thing with me. :-) But the IO said to me she couldn't request the card production for me LOL. So I had to file I-90and make calls 1800..... Durdulica..you got the stamp for 6 months, :-) don't worry your green card is on its way.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Luckylefty is an unknown quantity at this point

Got GC in the mail today . I think the machines are working faster now, especially once you get the "card production ordered" email.

Hope everyone else still waiting gets their Gc soon .
Old Jun 20th 2009, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Luckylefty
Got GC in the mail today . I think the machines are working faster now, especially once you get the "card production ordered" email.

Hope everyone else still waiting gets their Gc soon .
Yay! Lucky you! They told me it might take two more months, and not because of the new machines (they don't use them at all locations).