Reload this Page >

i-751 waiver - fraud allegation

i-751 waiver - fraud allegation

Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

brnie80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-751 waiver - fraud allegation

Hello every one,

I have gone through several posts about i-751 waiver and it seems like as long as there is joint evidence, waiver is usually granted. Incase there is an allegation of fraud by the USC, the case takes longer as USCIS investigates the case. Are there any people here who have been able to get the waiver after such allegation? Any idea what percent of cases are denied in cases of allegations and what can be done to fight such false allegations?

Thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 waiver - fraud allegation

Originally Posted by brnie80
... it seems like as long as there is joint evidence, waiver is usually granted.
Usually, yes... but not always. The onus is on the applicant to demonstrate that the marriage was entered into in good faith. You can't apply for the waiver until after the divorce is final. Do you actually have your green card yet? If you divorce prior to approval of the GC, you might find yourself in a very bad situation.

Are there any people here who have been able to get the waiver after such allegation?
I'm not one of them, but there are... yes.

Any idea what percent of cases are denied in cases of allegations and what can be done to fight such false allegations?
Well... a lot of that depends on what's considered "false". That has to be investigated and largely it comes down to a "he said, she said" sort of thing. You say false, she says true... and who knows where it goes from there.

Ian
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

I got my conditional greencard about 3 months back and been married for about 9 months. We have been having major problems and i am pretty sure we are headed towards divorce. My wife has been blaming me for marrying her for gc which is not true at all. I had quite a lot of time left on H1b before I applied for gc through her and would have eventually gotten gc through my employer. She is threatening to get me deported. I do have strong evidence of our joint lives though. If my conditional residency does get terminated, I am sure my employer can bring me back on H1b. I just don't want false fraud allegation on my file.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my conditional greencard about 3 months back and been married for about 9 months. We have been having major problems and i am pretty sure we are headed towards divorce. My wife has been blaming me for marrying her for gc which is not true at all. I had quite a lot of time left on H1b before I applied for gc through her and would have eventually gotten gc through my employer. She is threatening to get me deported. I do have strong evidence of our joint lives though. If my conditional residency does get terminated, I am sure my employer can bring me back on H1b. I just don't want false fraud allegation on my file.
Hi:

I suggest strongly that you consult with both an immigration and a family law attorney. Some very good attorneys do both. [The AILA SoCal Chapter Chair is one of those people].

BTW, many states allow for immigration fraud as a ground for a nullity judgment. Marriage of Rabie. Do note that this case is limited to California. You may also want to take note of the specific facts. Manucher Rabie was an idiot IMHO.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Sep 9th 2009 at 8:21 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I suggest strongly that you consult with both an immigration and a family law attorney. Some very good attorneys do both. [The AILA SoCal Chapter Chair is one of those people].

BTW, many states allow for immigration fraud as a ground for a nullity judgment. Marriage of Rabie. Do note that this case is limited to California. You may also want to take note of the specific facts. Manucher Rabie was an idiot IMHO.
Thanks Mr. Folinskyinla. My case is no where close to Manucher Rabie. My marriage was genuine and I doubt my wife would have any proof that it was not. But I will keep my eyes open. Can you recommend any good immigration lawyers in Pittsburg, PA area? Thanks.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Since your wife is blaming you for fraud, you must collect all the good faith evidence you have, and shop around for an AILIA immigration lawyer ASAP.
An allegation of fraud can be ignored, or can be taken very seriously by the local DO, the next thing you know is a termination and removal at your doorstep.
Take Mr. F's advice seriously. This is one of his speciality where his colossal experience counts.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks guys. I am having trouble finding a good Lawer locally that does both immigration and family law. Do you guys know if an out of state lawyer can do both ?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Ok thanks guys. I am having trouble finding a good Lawer locally that does both immigration and family law. Do you guys know if an out of state lawyer can do both ?
I am not sure if you will lucky with your research.

Both disciplines are highly complex. However why not approaching two different lawyers and make them linking up with each other.

Would have the benefit that you will have both lawyers in your town
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

I live in a small town and the family lawyers here know little about immigration. There are no immigration lawyers here. I will have to find an immigration lawyer in the closeby big city. That is also where the USCIS local office is.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

I live in a small town and the family lawyers here know little about immigration. There are no immigration lawyers here. I will have to find an immigration lawyer in the closeby big city. That is also where the USCIS local office is.
where do you live. At least I can check if my company did use somebody in the past

I can recommend my lawyer in Colorado.She seems to have a good knowledge of the law besides Immigration.

Also she is divorced -this maybe helps.

Her name is

Samira Recob

1333 W. 120th Ave., Suite 302
Westminster, CO 80234
Phone: 303-639-3090
FAX: 303-639-1480
Email: [email protected]

Her rates are reasonable and she is very accurate

kind regards
CCR

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Sep 10th 2009 at 8:37 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you follow up on Mr. F's comment by using Google?:

No, the lawyer does not need to be local to you, he/she can be in another state.

Rene
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am having trouble finding a good Lawer locally that does both immigration and family law.
You have 2 separate issues... immigration and divorce. They may seem related... but they're not, so don't combine them in your head. Look for two separate lawyers!

Do you guys know if an out of state lawyer can do both ?
Immigration is federal... an immigration lawyer anywhere in the US can help you.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:50 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I assume the family law issues are a matter of state law, therefore I'll bet you will need a family law attorney located in your state.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to get a lawyer conversant with both family and immigration law. And both are 2 different beasts to be tackled differently, one at a time, could be by the same lawyer. Kill both the beast with a single bullet!
I am sure that the city in which your District Office is has such lawyers, and these experienced lawyers have good relationships with the local DO.
I remember the security guard outside the DO flirting with my lawyer. They have known each other for years.
Some websites to help your search in your state.
www.aila.org ..then there is www.superlawyers.com www.lawyers.com

Hope this helps.

Last edited by meauxna; Sep 11th 2009 at 1:00 am. Reason: fixed the AILA link
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks every one for the help. I will keep you guys updated.